Thursday, September 11, 2008

Breakthrough

Maybe he is ready to have a baby in the house...at least more prepared than I've been giving him credit for. I didn't even coax him to hold her. He picked her up and cuddled her on his own.

I'm the one that's starting to get really nervous. Yesterday Ty decided to wake up at 5am, but was quite content just cuddling with me for the next 45 minutes. Instead of feeling annoyed at the disruption in my sleep schedule, I felt oddly grateful for the time to snuggle with my sweet boy. I even had a few selfish thoughts that I wasn't quite ready to share my love with another baby...not just yet. I think I will revel in my little man for the next 10 weeks, tired and awkward as I am feeling. And I know that as soon as the princess arrives, I will have all the love I need for two little people.

8 comments:

Kari said...

Dont worry as soon as your sweet heart girl arrives your heart will double in size and there will be plenty of room for both Ty and your new little one. It's kinda crazy how it works. So cute how he is already taking to his new "baby!"

The Parkers said...

I'm glad he has a baby doll to "practice" on. We did that for Tate too.

Pace & Gwen said...

Way to go, Mom! I will say, my girl lets me sleep until 8 AM (today it was rainy outside - she didn't stir until after 9!) and I know those days are quite numbered. But I have enjoyed her A LOT too, especially lately. I actually thought the other day while we were playing - yeah I PLAY now with her, newer for me, I'm a busy body/busier person, but I'm learning to be a better, chill mom. :) Anyway, I thought, "I'm in love with my daughter!" Strange feeling. :) But wonderful.

Jamie said...

You are a better mom than I. I would've had Trey back in his crib so fast. The night before I went in for my induction I got emotional as I got Trey ready for bed realizing this would be the last night he got all my attention and the last time I could probably get him ready for bed the way I always do. I just really hoped I could still give that much love and attention. It is possible. It takes work and thought but I know you can do it. It's so special to have two in the house. You'll be great at it and amazed at the love that surrounds you. 10 more weeks, it's coming quick. I can't wait to see her. :)

Courtney said...

I remember having the same feeling when Landon was cuddling with me after a nap and I was pregnant with Olivia. I actually started to cry when I thought about having her and how it wouldn't be just us anymore....but now watching him cuddle up to both of us is the best thing ever!

Sarah Williams said...

k- i'm back from my blogging hiatus. you crack me up with the nesting. are you getting good enough that i can afford them? the aprons- cute. sorry bout the storage stuff- thieves stink.

or mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
or mom said...

"I never knew how much love my heart could hold until someone called me “Mommy.”"
- Author Unknown

Found this quote and thought it was appropriate for your concerns.