- The first year of Ty's life I distinctly remember people commenting about what a great, well behaved baby he was. If he didn't sleep through church, he was content just being cuddled or sipping on his bottle of milk. Well, it's payback time. Last Sunday was the first Sunday all three of us stayed for the duration of church and it was exhausting. We even left family dinner early so we could go home and recuperate. Today was back to the usual. One of us gets to stay, the other has to take him home for his nap after the sacrament. Granted, church starts at 12:20 - prime nap time, and to top it off, sacrament meeting is the last meeting of the day. I've tried to manipulate his nap schedule, I've bought church appropriate toys that are only brought out on Sundays, I pack a myriad of snacks that attract every other toddler to munch on and be quiet...all to no avail. I feel like we've become "that family" that can't keep their kid quiet. He's not bad, he's just not reverent. He wants to socialize with his friends, run the aisles and jump on the benches. I hope we don't stand out as badly as I feel like we do, but I'm not really sure. Sundays are so hard! There. I feel better now...until next Sunday at least!
2 months until nursery!
On a side note, I'm the one that got to stay today and the speakers were excellent! I appreciate a good Sunday meeting much more than I ever used to!





10 comments:
I so understand! I'm counting down the weeks until nursery (4 weeks!). Right now Rob lets her roam the halls during Sunday School (or should I say run?) and then she runs around the primary room during the last hour while Rob teaches. I feel bad about that but it's the only way both of us can do our callings! I just apologize a lot.
We have church at 12:30 but luckily our Sacrament is first. That would be tough if it wasn't. Jason is a stickler about not letting Clara get down, even in the halls, and I think it's helped a lot.
oh girl . . . I feel your pain. I was THERE not so long ago. My little jabber mouth couldn't be quiet to save her life during church. I counted the minutes until nursery. Now I'm back to having a little one to take care of during SS and RS, but he's a little angel . . . for now. ;O)
Don't worry about what anyone at church may be thinking because all of the parents are thinking the same thing,
"Been there, done that, glad it's not mine this time."
We each have our seasons in life. Continue to be consistent and he'll learn and grow out of this stage.
I agree, it's wonderful when you finally get to listen to the speakers. :)
No problem - We're ALL "that family" more than once. :) You're doing great, Mom!!
You don't stand out at all Rachel. I never even notice Ty (other than how cute he is)...maybe it's because I'm trying to corral my own irreverant toddler (did you hear Myla's meltdown in Sacrament?).
Hey Rachel--Did you read Three Cups of Tea yet? It's a great book! We read it for my book club last year. Very interesting stuff! And I want to hear what your opinion about Host is. I haven't read it yet because I haven't heard much about it! Let me know!
Nancy
Good Luck.
For me 14-18 months is horrible for me.
My husband takes the crying/loud/obnoxious kid out to the car and drives around until they hopefully fall asleep.
I don't like it because I feel like a single parent.
I do think it's good to make them learn to not like going out but then again I am bugged when people don't take a crying kid out. I want to hear the speakers. Taking them home for a nap is awesome.
Unfortunately it would be me choosing to take him home every time.
Something tells me Rachel that you guys are far from "that family." I know that if Ty and I were there, we would love the entertainment that he would provide for us. You are doing a great job, I still think he is a little angel!
ummm, you heard the speakers?? sorry, but 10 years later, its not much better. i think my kids have made me ADD though b/c i have a hard time sitting through RS when I get to!
Post a Comment