Friday, July 25, 2008
Comfort Object
Ty has never clung to anything in particular (besides his daddy), so this recent attachment was very unexpected.
Grammy sent this blanky with some matching pj's for Christmas last year. Within the last month, he has become very fond of this particular blanky. He'll bury his head in it and say "mmmm" and randomly cuddle with it between activities. We think it's very cute, though I hope he doesn't come to rely on it too much. So far, he doesn't notice if it's not around...just enjoys it when it is around. And it's definitely been useful at bedtime.
I had to post a few pictures so Grammy would believe me. It reminds me of Linus from Charlie Brown. If only I could get him to cling to a pacifier just for a few hours on Sundays... :)
My sister handed down an old Little People farm. I ordered a few missing pieces and Ty has been having a ball playing with his new (to him) toy. Isn't he a handsome boy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Yes, he is super cute! Jel's twins have always clung to their blankies, which they call "Buddy". Anytime they cry or are tired or upset, they cry "Buddy, buddy". When you give it to them, they bury their heads in it and calm down. Talk about Comfort object! They do need to be very sturdy though because they're going through the wash constantly! I guess whatever works, right?
Good thing it's not a dolly, like Clara's latest obsession, ha ha. Thankfully she doesn't go looking for it, but she sure wants it when she sees it.
We love love love Little People!
And I have two blanket kids. It's not too bad because I have NEVER let them have it outside of their own bed. I used to hide Lucy's during the day and it would "magically" appear at night time. I like that they have something to help them relax.
Oh - I want to hug him...he's the BEST!
elsie loves blankets too- any old blanket is fine(thank goodness), calls them 'pillows'. i always forget one at church. then she freaks out when she sees a baby with one...piwwo, piwwo! handful. but they are cute.
He is a handsome boy!! I love the blankie. It's the one thing Syd will lose it over if we don't get it/give it to her the moment she asks for it. So sweet, innocent, divine. Gotta love it.
We all need something to cuddle and comfort us. It's so nice to know that Ty enjoys the blankie! It's Grammy Blake giving him loves! I Remember when his dad used to play with the same toy.
So cute. Both my boys have a teddy bear that they sleep with. And i LOVE hand me down toys. They make the best ones, because they are free and the kids always seem to like them better than new ones!
Post a Comment