Monday, November 29, 2010

A Snowy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving weekend felt like a mini vacation. My mom's friend lent us her cabin again so we made the trek up north for a long weekend. We were pleasantly surprised to see snow upon our arrival. I took over 100 pics (ridiculous, I know) so here are some of my favorites.
Brooke's first time in the snow, ever!

Not quite enough depth for snow angels, but he tried anyway.

The 3 beautiful Thanksgiving cooks!

A little football action

Ty's favorite part of the trip, motorcycle rides with his cousin Chandler.

True to Ty style, he wouldn't remove the helmet for hours after the ride was over.

We were so excited the Dowell cousins brought their cool toys. I even got a turn shooting BB guns and Trent disappeared for hours in the basement playing PS3.

Lots of coloring

Decorating gingerbread houses
Snuggling

Fire pit and Smores
A group shot of the family

It was such a restful weekend. We played lots of games, went for long walks (and saw wild turkeys), ate more than we should have, and enjoyed each others company. My sisters kids and grandma provided endless entertainment for my children and we got Trent to ourselves for 4 full days! A snow storm hit right when we were leaving, so coming home took twice as long, but it was well worth the drive. I am happy and thankful indeed!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That's a cute family picture of you guys!

or mom said...

Wonderful Thanksgiving memories. Glad you were able to go. Love the pixs!

mad white woman said...

A few days ago I decided I want to go to Utah next year for Thanksgiving so I can have snow on Thanksgiving... this only made me want my idea even more!