Monday, November 15, 2010
Old Man Rivers
Okay, so 30 isn't really that old. But since I married a younger man I am relishing that he has finally joined the 30's with me.
A few weeks ago I threw Trent a party to ring in a new decade. He wasn't all that thrilled to have a party that revolved around him, but was kind enough to humor me. While he wasn't a fan of having everyone look at him and sing the most awkward song known to mankind, he loved seeing some of his buddies that he doesn't get to visit with often enough. I neglected to take any pictures that evening since I was playing charming hostess to over 40 people, but it was a success in my book - especially since it was our first party in this house. I loved having a house full of friends and family, loved the sounds of laughter and seeing warm smiles, and especially loved the gaggle of kids running rampant in my backyard.
Thanks to all who came, and all who couldn't come but sent their well wishes to my favorite person in the whole world.
And I surely got a chuckle out of some of Trent's gifts. Namely, the book "What your poo is trying to tell you," from Trent's brother; and a yellow Deseret Industries receipt for $100 to be used towards our taxes next year from our awesome friends the Endsley's. (He is an accountant for the IRS.)
Happy 30th to Trent...and many more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Happy birthday Trent!
You are so hilarious--I never have thought of the Birthday song as "the most awkward song known to mankind". I love it!
And you were a very charming hostess. : )
Post a Comment