Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lately

The camera cord and my chapstick turned up after a few days of looking around the nooks and crannies of our bedroom. Trent's cell phone holder, still MIA.

Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks:

We found some lightweight balls on clearance and bought some to make Ty his own ball pit. He gets to play in a ball pit at therapy and seems to enjoy it. Since plastic pools aren't on the shelves quite yet, Trent put up a 2 man tent for a day. We didn't have nearly enough balls to create a pit in this size of a tent, but Ty still had a good time.
Brooke has hair! Her hair is finally growing long enough to make one alfalfa sprout pony up top. I enjoy this new chapter in her life much more than she does. I only make her suffer the bow during church.
This cute girl has a double ear infection = not sleeping/eating well = tired mommy.
We got to see Abbey a few times last week. Brooke is jealous of her beautiful hair and pulls it frequently. Someone's mommy didn't even try to do their hair this day.
FHE this week: Milkshakes.
The new home:
I have been experiencing waves of elation and sheer panic this week. Buying a home is SO stressful. And since Trent isn't able to leave work at will, I have been doing most of the legwork. A few times I've felt so overwhelmed that I just want to say nevermind to the whole thing. We are also preparing ourselves to give up a few luxuries so we can be self sufficient in our new home.

Here are a few highlights of the home:

A BASEMENT
hallelujah!

KITCHEN
not my favorite layout, but I won't complain for one reason:
see picture above

A BACKYARD
hallelujah!
We're still handling a few random issues that come with buying a foreclosure, but things seem to be going well. And if it doesn't work out, there are a million other houses out there.

5 comments:

Alison said...

I cried just a little bit when I saw that basement. Just a little. Don't worry, we can still be friends. Hope it all works out. I signed the papers for our Texas house from my hospital bed because it all went through at the last minute!

lrbodine said...

I didn't know houses in Arizona had basements! Sounds like a great deal. Good luck with the foreclosure process. I bought our current HUD home 5 years ago right before we were married and it was a nightmare to deal with all the paperwork and stuff by myself. Hope all goes well!

Beka said...

i'm so excited for you & jealous of your basement & huge yard:), - good things come to those who wait:), but i'm glad we will be closer!! call us when you go look at it again if you do, so we can come ooh and ahh at it with you!

Nancy Pitney said...

I am so with you on the stress thing! I thought the same thing a couple days ago--screw it! Let's just stay here. I just hope it is worth it in the end. You're house looks beautiful! Having a basement will be SO nice! We put a bid on a foreclosure too--so we just have to wait and see! Good luck!

Heidi said...

I am jealous of the basement. I love basements! How fun! I'm sorry things have been stressful. Let me know if you need if you need anything.