This week has been a whirlwind of events for the Blake family. What we thought would be a slow start to our home buying adventure turned into a fast paced, near miraculous purchase of our next home! Our goal was to be in a larger home by Christmas, but it looks like we'll be in by the end of February.
We are very, very excited to have more space, a garage and a YARD! But I was not prepared for the overwhelming sadness that I feel about leaving our current neighborhood and ward. We have made some truly amazing friendships that have seen us through our ups and downs with Ty, my post partum after Brooke, and everything in between. I'm so grateful to have made friendships that will last a lifetime. And I will miss the primary children so very much.
But we are also excited for our new adventures in Gilbert. And we are particularly glad to get Ty into Gilbert's special needs preschool program. All of his therapists have highly recommended their programs and we know we are going where he needs to be.
I'm a sentimental girl, so it shouldn't surprise me or you that I've already cried a few times along with jumping for joy. After nearly 7 years in this condo we've made a lot of great memories. We have also had the luxury of having my parents nearby for lots of fun and frequent play dates. We will miss having them so close, but will still be over often! Thanks to all our neighbors for making this such a great place to live! We will miss you terribly!
Crossing our fingers that everything goes smoothly...
Saturday, January 09, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
Congratulations! I hope everything goes great!
WAHOO! Looking forward to see pictures of the new home.
Yay!
Yeah for a house!! Are you going to rent your condo? You're still coming to Utah right :)
Zach just told me about you buying a house! That's awesome! You have definitely paid your dues. Ours will be up on the market tomorrow, but we're not holding our breath that it'll sell. Most likely we'll end up renting, but we started looking today and it's so exciting! Now you get to go through all your junk! :-) (Do you want the Bumbo and exersaucer back now or later? :-))
Best wishes! You'd better have a housewarming party so we can all come see!
Congrats Rachel, that is so exciting!! Where in Gilbert are you headed? My brothers go to school in the Gilbert school district and have had great experiences, it does sound like the perfect opportunity for Ty.
Yay! That is exciting. I keep hoping our long, drawn-out house hunt meets a whirlwind someday because I kind of think that might be the only way we get out of this house. :)
congrats~ gilbert is GREAT!!
Yay for you guys! I understand the mixture of extreme excitement for a new home along with pure sadness to leave a great ward! Let us know if you need any help moving!
Post a Comment