On one hand, I have finally gotten rid of a few things that should have been tossed a long time ago. Trent, surprisingly, has been doing the same with his personal effects. This is a minor miracle. He likes to keep everything.
On the other hand, the reason we are moving is because we don't have adequate space. So finding places to stack packed boxes has become interesting. Allow me to illustrate:

This is just the beginning. There are even more stacks of boxes upstairs. What I find most flabbergasting is that minus a few bare walls and vacant kitchen cabinets, we still have a lot of packing left to do.
How on earth did we acquire so much stuff?
If any of my readers are expert packers, I'm open to any suggestions, strategies, ideas about how to pack more efficiently.
Packing. Ugh.
Sidenote: Thanks to my intuitive friends for calling to check on my sanity this week. It's always fun when an old friend calls and as soon as they say, "how are ya?" you instantly burst into tears. This move + Ty's current phase of mortal combat + being sick + trying to keep my kids' life as routine as possible right now has made life simply overwhelming for me. I appreciate the phone calls more than you know!





5 comments:
Take a big giant box, tape bright yellow paper all over the outside, and write, "Open me first!" on it. Pack a clean set of sheets for each person's bed, 3 towels, a pony tail holder, a roll of toilet paper, some paper bowls, plastic spoons, and a box of cereal. I'm not kidding. Jake and I have moved 7 different times during our marriage.
we have moved alot and it's just never fun, except for getting rid of stuff.
i hope you are moving soon so the boxes don't sit there. if you are close to me i will come help you unpack. and even if you aren't. i just keep thinking you are going to be close to east mesa. let me know.
You're scaring me! When is your closing date? We're supposed to close Feb. 24th and I feel the urge to start packing already. I agree-it's liberating to get rid of junk, but the task still seems daunting! Good luck!
We're working on moving too.
My strategy for packing is...HAVE SOMEONE WATCH YOUR KIDS! And then invite another friend over to help with the process while you're kid free.
It was emotionally hard for the girls to see me packing up their toys, worried that they aren't going to see them again, etc.
Oh, and don't pack the toys/movies until pretty much the last day, so that they have stuff to do while everything else is in boxes.
Use your linens/bedding/towels to wrap up picture frames, or other slight breakables.
Pack books in SMALL boxes. Much easier to lift.
Pack kitchen LAST, and unpack kitchen FIRST.
Good luck! Wish I was there to help out!
Post a Comment