Saturday, January 23, 2010

January is just so predictable...

Some things have just come to be expected in the Blake household.
Especially in January.

*Ty gets a nasty cough and we pull out Mr. Nebulizer.
*Double ear infections abound. Last year it was Ty, this year it's Brooke.
Looks like we may be getting tubes sooner than later.
*Trent has a slow month at work. Where are all the sick people?
Oh, they're avoiding paying new deductibles as long as possible.
*I get crazed about cleaning and feel like throwing everything away.


And a few random things happening in January:

Brooke has made a new friend and visits her often. My favorite is watching her run her hand through her hair and then giggle as if to say, "who, me?" with a coy grin on her face.

Ty shushes me if he doesn't want to hear what I have to say. Or if he does listen to my request, he'll promptly reply, "no, no, no...okay?"

We got our appraisal back from our new home and are making a few mandatory repairs before we can close next month. Such are the joys of buying a foreclosure as-is. But we are still very excited about the house!

I started tutoring on Mondays and Saturdays. I really like using my teaching skills again, and I tutor when my mom is available or Trent is home so I don't feel guilty about leaving the kids for a few hours a week. It also feels good to bring home a paycheck, small as it may be.

5 comments:

Nash said...

i feel the exact same. totally redoing rooms, and throwing stuff out.
so happy for your house. message me and tell me where it is.
yay for a paycheck. i am starting to think about going to work too.

mad white woman said...

I have been trying to throw half of my stuff away for years. And then I realize I have an emotional attachment to it and I don't throw it away. But this year, I've made improvements. :)

The Toenjes Family said...

Brooke's new friend is absolutely beautiful! She sure knows how to pick them!

KAT said...

How cute that he asks if it's okay after saying "no".

or mom said...

Oh, look at that pretty red hair! Can hardly wait to see you all this summer, if things work out.