Friday, September 25, 2009

Dinosaurs

Ty's life long love affair with cars has recently met some competition. Dinosaurs.
I've heard a few suggestions about getting Brooke some girl toys. But we don't really buy toys. We are lucky to have a large collection of toys, including this lovely spread of dinosaurs, that have been passed down to us. Besides, she has a doll...somewhere.
My favorite part of this picture (besides her cute scrunched up face) is Ty's little arm wrapped around her.
I snapped a second too soon, but he loves kissing his sister. (As well as stealing her toys, occasionally pushing her over, and bossing her around.) He's a typical big brother.
She likes to look at the dinosaurs too, when Ty isn't hogging the books to himself. Look at those eyes.
He's telling me the story himself. Complete with facial expressions and fantastic use of voice inflection. I understood a word or two.
Showing me his favorite dinosaur. There has been a lot of roaring at our house lately.

7 comments:

Christie said...

Ty and Cade can get together and be dinosaurs to each other! Whenever I take Cade to the mall to play he wants to be a dinosaur to all the other kids, and they aren't quite sure what to think about that. He and Ty would have a great time!

Has he discovered Dinosaur Train yet??

Nancy Pitney said...

Cute! I remember my nephew Wyatt having a fascination with dinosaurs. It's funny how some kids like some things and others like others. Who knows why? Thanks for sharing.

Jennie said...

That's so cute! Whatever older sibling does is cool, even dinosaurs.

The Taylors said...

What a cute family! Your little Brooke is getting so big! Oh, and Lilly is the same way with Sammy. She loves her little brother...sometimes too much - I've caught her laying on top of him giving him smooches - Ty isn't just a typical older brother, because my little "big sister" is the same way!

Beka said...

so so cute!

Stacey said...

love that banner picture! Your kiddos are adorable. Ty is getting so big. It's crazy how fast it goes. wipe a tear. :) Good thing jace is the same with Cam. I'm in good company.

mad white woman said...

Sibling love. :)

Clara has lots of "girl" toys but loves "boy" toys. I'm sure she'll manage without an overload of pink princess toys.