Here are a few of my latest creations.
Disclaimer: Someone... ANYONE but a pregnant lady should model these aprons to make them actually look cute. I just make them look...not cute. But they really are cute. Promise.
The Emmaline
This was fun to make, and not nearly as complicated as I thought it would be. It's reversible and flirty. I knew every apron I made this week had a destination other than my own kitchen, so I tried to make them perfect.
The 1941 Apron
An oldie but a goodie! This is more of a functional work apron. Claire bought the material and asked for this pattern. It turned out cute, except that I wasn't paying close attention to the pattern size when I cut it and this is a plus size apron. Um, Claire's tiny...a minus size. Yep, I'll be remaking this one in the appropriate size next weekend. The fabric she chose has stars all over it, so I chose to embellish with cute yellow star buttons on the pockets. I'll be needing more of those too.
I was so excited to finally make one of these. I got a little arrogant and decided to try my own thing instead of following the directions perfectly. Not the best idea, but it turned out anyway. My stitch work isn't my finest on this one, so I'm not sure I'll actually send this one to it's intended owner. Now I'll know better and follow the instructions more explicitly. Thanks to Beka for letting me use her scraps of fabric!
I also spent a lot of time cutting quilt squares for Trent's Christmas present. Don't worry, he knows. He asked for it over a year ago and I'm just getting started. The denim took a little more effort to cut, but hopefully I'll have it finished before baby comes.
After all this sewing, I'm ready for a nap myself!





8 comments:
Ooh, I love the aprons and the drunken boy. Top of my list of things to do after school starts- 3 new aprons for myself! My old ones cover the belly now and nothing else.
love the aprons! i need to pick out some fabric and pay you to make me one!! you're good.
I LOVE all of these! Can I just say that if this isn't talented creative ability I don't know what is! Amazing... really...
Good Luck this week!
Happy Trails...
All soooo super cute Rach! It makes me wish I could sew!! Love that last shot of Ty! HILARIOUS!
you look great.
how much longer?
I like the ruffles...when are you opening your etsy shop???=) (thats what stay at home moms do you know)
i'm super jealous of the concert. i'm just about ready to have a life again here, soon.
Only trent would think of that one-liner. Cute Ty. I am so jealous that you are such a good seamstress! What a great hobby! Proud to know you!
Girl, I think you look CUTE!! Belly and all. :) Especially for being pregnant! Darling aprons too.
Post a Comment