I L-O-V-E this "celebrate" banner. My friend Jill made one last summer and I followed suit. However, it's been sitting in my sewing box unfinished for over a year. I finally finished it, just in time for Trent's last week of school! I'll be able to pull it out for all sorts of special occasions - birthdays, holidays, accomplishments, etc...!
These were fun and cheap to make! I have a little stash now for baby showers. The ribbon isn't my first choice, but it was in the dollar spot at Target, so the price was right!
I finally made myself an Emmaline apron! I gave my last one away and decided I had to have one for myself! It's much cuter in person, the stripes and paisley combination are so great together!
I'm still working on Trent's quilt - I finished the top, but he wants it to be even bigger, so I've got some more work to do. I've also made a few other fun things, but can't show them off just yet...
And yes, I know, I'm a dork because I spend my spare time sewing.





12 comments:
You're not a dork! That's exactly what I want to do in my spare time too! The apron looks so cute! I love LOVE the stripes. Plus, that apron looks great and can fit a pregnant lady too!
Where, what, how can I make a celebration banner too? I love it! Definitely a great idea.
Thanks so much for making one of my recipes! It's the biggest compliment to me when someone tells me that they made one of my recipes and enjoyed it.
You should try the cream cheese frosting next time, with that stuff I actually lick the bowl because it's addicting. It's the same frosting from cinnabon. Look for it at the bottom of my carrot cake recipe. I'm going to post my recipe for the cinnabon rolls too, I keep forgetting to take a pic before they're gobbled up!
I'm just so proud of you! Look at how great you are at sewing now!
Not a dork...I wish I could do the same. One day, I am going to ask you for lessons...
Dork?!?! Well, that would make two of us then. Everything looks fabulous.
I love all your creations! It makes me want to learn to sew... I spend my spare time creating things and I am 18, so I personally think that it is wonderfully normal.
Happy Trails...
cute banner, cute apron and "whose that hot mama?":) I cant believe all these aprons & projects you whip out in no time...you are my hero!
Let me know when you run out of projects. I have plenty of unfinished things that I'd be happy to send your way. :)
I wish we lived closer so we could sew together. I would love to learn some of the things you are doing. Cinnamon rolls are Matt's favorite so we tried the recipe. It turned out alright, but we learned a few tricks along the way and we are going to attempt it again. I'll let you know how it goes.
I love the Celebrate banner! It's very cute!
FUN FUN! Super cute banner! I think you need to sell some of those so that I can buy one right away!! LOVE IT! When are you due?!
get it all done now!!!! really- start your babies baby book. make a ton of gifts. paint everything. you go girl cuz when the baby comes......you'll be glad!
You're not a dork! Wish I could sew - oh, all the things I'd make (curtains for example) - I admire seamstresses! But uh.. I want to eat the cinnamon rolls!! That's the baby talking... :) I baked banana bread last week from scratch - first time for me to do anything like that really. Must be the new full-sized kitchen. :) Turned out delicious!!
Okay, I am onto the comment thing next...Just getting the hang of all of this. What brand pattern is that apron...so, so cute!
Post a Comment