We've been trying to come up with creative activities at home to avoid excessive television/movie watching and because Ty's not quite old enough for any preschool classes yet. (And I'm just not willing to pay $65/mo for Gymboree classes that last 2 seconds. Yikes!) Mesa Parks and Rec programs are too far of a drive and meet when I'm working, so we're making our own fun. So far, Ty hasn't really taken to any of our homespun creativity, but we're not giving up just yet!
BowlingTrent set up bowling with water bottles as the pins. He loved watching his daddy knock over the pins but didn't care to participate. He was more interested in lining up all of his balls according to size. Can you say OCD?
Finger PaintingSaturday we attempted finger painting for the first time. I don't think he liked the sticky feeling on his hands.

The Crayola commercial for finger painting makes the experience look so tender...

but Ty was done within 10 minutes. His favorite part was the bath that followed.
2008 Kiddie OlympicsMy friend Christie hosted the neighborhood Kiddie Olympics on Monday. I was so sad I didn't get to take Ty myself, but glad Claire was willing to take him and hang out with my friends.

I know the adults attempted to run actual events, but I'm told the kids just wanted to run wild and get wet.

Claire is such a good sport to go in my place! Ty's a lucky little boy.

I'm pretty sure everyone walked away with a gold medal, but he looks pretty darn cute wearing his prize! Yay for fun neighbors who think of great activities for all of us to enjoy!
When I miss play dates and fun events like these, I am so glad to know that my working days are numbered. This semester has already proven to be challenging and I can't wait to focus all of my energy on my own kids. I've memorized the names of my 100ish students and I'm going through all the motions, but my heart just isn't in it this year. Give me a few weeks and I may be singing a different tune...probably not.
5 comments:
Next time try chocolate pudding for finger painting.... but cover everyting! Or do it outside. This way they can snack at they eat. It was an activity from Joy School.
Way to go Ty! I am amazed at the lack of paint he had on him. I get so much paint on me every time I paint that I cant ever get it all and walk around for days with yellow elbows or fingers.
All the things you are thinking up for him to do are great... I hope I cant be as good of a mom as you are someday...
Happy Trails...
Looks like fun.
So nice to have work isn't it?
I love that you try to do other activities - Sydney is a movie/you tube/blog picture viewing ADDICT, but I do try to turn stuff off and play with her too. Important, I know, but media viewing has brought some fun knowledge/memories (sign language for example). I am so happy for you, that your working days are numbered. :) I remember how READY I was to quit, never felt that way till I had Syd. It's right. :) Hurray for Dads!! :)
i love reading about all of your adventures - I know I am way behind but the John Mayer post was awesome! And congrats to Trent for landing a great job, yeah for income!! (I am looking forward to some of that coming our way starting in Oct as well!)
Post a Comment