Ty is slowly starting to venture into table food and I am so ready to quit spending money on baby food. My friend Beka inspired me to try making my own baby food. It is definitely cheaper and only requires a little extra time for preparation - mostly boiling and pureeing. One sweet potato that costs less than a dollar makes at least 6 servings! So far Ty has tasted (and approved of) sweet potatoes, carrots, bananas, pears and avocados. He's also enjoying mashed potatoes, apple sauce and yogurt. (I found some whole milk, organic yogurt that he loves!) Next week I'm going to try fresh green beans and squash.
I'm not a health food nut by any means, but I want to set a good example for Ty. Trent and I have both benefited from our recent health kick. Let's just hope it lasts!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
He is so beautiful, I love when babies eat..that and sucking on binkies are in my list of favorites. It's a very big list, but eating is definitely at the top of it.
i've made most of clara's food and it's WAAAAY cheaper. now that she eats lots more, i probably only make about half of it because i can't keep up with her, but that will slowly go away as she gets older. another thing to try is summer squash or zuchinni. clara loves it and it's super cheap. after i cook it for dinner, i just take her's out and smash it with a fork and walah! also, when clara started using her gums more to chew, i started shelling peas and peeling grapes for clara. oh, and if i made a big batch of something, after i pureed it, i'd put it in ice trays and freeze it, then put those in airtight containers. for some reason clara wasn't into the frozen stuff so i've since stopped doing that... lots of advice you never asked for, sorry! :)
you sound like you're having a more successful time at it than i am! but Landon is doing better! Ty is so cute and happy in that last pic! i love that kid!
I love that you were successful! I wasn't so much. I tried sweet potatoes and Landon preferred the store bought to mine. Don't know what the difference was, but he wasn't going to be fooled.
Yea for you! I am glad you are going through all of this first so I can learn from you...miss you!
Im all for that!! Good for you! He just gets cuter and cuter!
That's awesome...introducing him to as many and as much different things now is Key. Good job super mom!
I don't know yet about the job because I just had my 3rd of 3 interviews just yesterday with the MAC trainer for the whole Phx region. I had to replicate a look from a magazine onto my model (Kim Tait). I did really well and the lady seemed very pleased. She gave me two critiques; to apply more foundation on some color changes on the skin and to swipe my foundation brush upward on the outter corners of the eyes so the eyes look more drastic. Kim was SOOOOOO great too. I hope to hear back soon!
That is awesome you're making your own baby food. I always wanted to do that but I just never did. maybe with number 2 I'll try again. Ty is so big now.
What a great Mom you are. Really I think it's all about the diet, if we feed are kids good they really do so much better. I wish I would have figured that out with Joseph when he was young instead of now when he is such a picky eater. Way to go girl, Joseph's doctor would be so proud of you!
Post a Comment