Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy 27th Trent!

These pictures are less than stellar, but it's all I've got to document our fun day!
Trent and I went to Kartchner Caverns in Benson, AZ since we both had the day off, and to celebrate Trent's birthday. It was so amazing! You can't possibly see something as breathtaking as this and not know that Heavenly Father created our earth.
This was Kubla Khan, a 58 foot tall column where a stalactite and a stalagmite joined together in the cavern. It was so majestic!

Trent's dad, Terry, joined us for our outing. Then he treated us to lunch in the thriving metropolis of Benson. Thanks for the authentic Mexican food! We left Ty home with Claire because he's still suffering from a nasty cold. (Will it ever go away?)
My family threw Trent a small party when we returned. Much to Trent's chagrin, the whole family sang Happy Birthday to him. He thinks that song is the most awkward 30 seconds of every year. Thanks to those who remembered to give him a call or a text! He's not big on being the center of attention, but I know he appreciated the thoughtfulness!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, old man! I also dread that 30 seconds of agony, however, my bizarro family found a way to fix it. We sing the opening song from Spongebob instead.
-Al

Cara Fish said...

oh, POO! I didn't know it was his birthday until today! Sorry I suck! Happy Day, Trent!