Sunday, June 03, 2007

More shots

Ty had his 2 month check up a few days ago (even though he's already 10 weeks). I was dreading more shots so I scheduled the appointment at a time when Trent could come too.

Milk drunk and content, this is Ty's normal temperament.
He is pretty mellow and easily amused.

He didn't seem to mind the oral dose of medication.
But do remember, anything remotely like eating is pleasing to young Ty.

Four pricks! Ouch!

Ty was adamant that he get the glow in the dark band-aids. They respectfully complied.
I asked, "Is that the only kind you have?" Apparently it was.

Most recent statistics:
14.6 lbs
24.5 inches tall
16 inch head
90th percentile in pretty much every category.
Way to go, tub tub.

He did pretty well until bedtime, it took a lot of rocking and singing to get him to sleep. The only perk to this ordeal was that he slept completely through the night Wednesday, and has been sleeping until 5 am every night since. Woo Hoo!

8 comments:

lrbodine said...

I hate getting the shots or should I say watching them get the shots? I love the glow in the dark bandaids that he got though! So cute.

Nash said...

I do NOT let them do more than 3 shots in one visit. I have issues with it. They cram TOO many shots into 2 years. I like to spread em out. Of all the articles I have read on it, they do so many in one sitting purely out of convenience. So, you can say I want to do 2 this week and 2 the next. It's just so hard to watch ( i actually don't) I turn my head.

Jamie & Johnny said...

Luckily they forget and forigve. He gets cuter every time I see pictures.

Christie said...

Poor little guy. I wonder if shots are more traumatic to the mother or the baby. I think it's pretty equal there. I made Kevin go to shots one time too, I just couldn't handle it.

Yea! You have a sleep-all-nighter! That's great!

Auburn said...

What a hunk. I always schedule the "shots" for times when Dave can come too. I can't handle the torture, even though I know it's for her own good...

the Painters said...

I really love Ty! I just love him and these pics make me smile, not the needle in the thigh one but just how cute he is.

Unknown said...

When you think about how many times they whack their head on something or pinch their fingers in a toy, shots really aren't all that terrible. When you're two feet tall, life is full of pain. Better that than skipping the shots and possibly catching something hideous.
By the way, what a tub!! He's a beefy one, just like I like 'em!
-Al

Beka said...

have i told you how much i love that top pic of him? it makes me laugh everytime i see it! He's such a little hunk!