Ty received the most compliments for his attire. His "girlfriend" Shelene (aka his babysitter) was there too, so I didn't see much of him for a few hours. He is such a ladies man already!
The food was good and the company was the best! Here are just a few reasons we LOVE our ward:
So many good friends to choose from.
There is always a cheap (or free) date night being planned by someone.
We play board/card games like mad. Good times!
Everybody is just doing the best they can, so no one cares what you drive, what brand you wear, where you live, etc... (I only mention this because I get caught up in that stuff sometimes)
Everyone treats each other like family. Those poor Pickett twins get more wet kisses from me than they care for.
People are always serving each other. (Like Jill watching my kid so I can cook with both hands.)
There is always something going on...girls lunch, apron night, movie watching, etc...
Did I mention that these people are salt of the earth?





8 comments:
i love that pic of ty...too adorable! he's such a cute little chunk:)
I love this ward too. I think this is the way wards are supposed to be...a built-in support system and a place to find friendship. I also like that there isn't pressure to dress just right or have the best things. Thanks for being a great friend Rachel! I'm glad we are in the same ward.
You forgot to mention having friends close at hand who have a craving for chocolate dipped strawberries and don't mind sharing them with a neighbor...they were scrumptious, you are the best! I was going to make a list of why I love this ward too but you did a great job! Thanks for bailing me out when I lock myself out for the gabillioneth time!
He looks very at ease at a Luau, despite the lilly white skin.
-Al
cute chub rolls on his thighs! I'm glad that you have such a supportive and wonderful extended family (ward).
good stuff. i can't wait to be in a family ward . . . maybe someday i'll be in one. after 5 years in the church, i sure hope it's soon. that said, i do love the singles ward we're in - so many great people!!
rachel... its been too long! Ty looks so hawaiian in his outfit, i love it! you guys are a handsome family
I love it! How fun!
Post a Comment