Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Fathers Day and then some...

Ty loves his daddy and no one can make Ty belly laugh quite like daddy! It was fun to make yesterday such a special day for Trent!


Trent started his rotations two weeks ago and it has been a huge adjustment, harder than I thought it would be. Sometimes Trent doesn't get home until 7:30 or 8:00 at night. That is a long day for me and Bubba to go without seeing him. He is such a big help once he gets home, but by then he is also exhausted. My sanity has been in question a few times, but I can't complain because I know how hard Trent is working to do well in school.

In other news, I saw John Mayer last week with my fabulous friend Beka. Although I am not the die hard, sneak up to the front row, concert goer I once was, it was a great time. I could use a mommies night out like this on a regular basis!

I am enjoying a dinner swap with some friends so we don't have to cook every night. It has been the best idea ever - it's a time saver and you get to try other people's recipes. Yum! I have been on a domestic kick lately and really enjoy cooking. I even made homemade refried beans this weekend.

Trent and I have also become obsessed with the TV show 24. Since we are late bloomers (6 seasons late), we decided to start from the very beginning. Thank goodness for Netflix. We spent 3 hours watching "Jack" (as I lovingly refer to him) on Thursday. We're in the middle of season two, so we've got a long way to go.

I got to watch Ezra and Aubree, my niece and nephew, Saturday afternoon while their parents unpacked things in their cute new house. They were so much fun to play with. When it was time to go, I was shocked that we could fit 3 car seats into Trent's back seat. He drives a compact car! Hopefully this new knowledge will not impede my attempts to get a bigger car when our next baby comes!

There was our week in review. Aren't we exciting?

10 comments:

Courtney said...

Your header looks super cute! Did you do it??

Auburn said...

I would die if my husband was gone that late everyday, it takes a special woman!! I love the new blog look too ;o)

The Blakes said...

My awesome visiting teacher helped me. Okay, she actually did all the work. I just told her what I wanted.

Unknown said...

Just wait til those 3 car seats are all yours!!!

Cara Fish said...

that IS an exciting week. Too bad we didn't meet up at the concert! Hope Father's Day was really great for Trent - he is a good dad. Glad to have some fellow 24 fans...the times in between seasons KILLS me.

Beka said...

your blog is NOT supposed to be cuter than mine....did christie teach you her secrets...no fair!!:)

Jamie & Johnny said...

Fun update. Fun blog. Fun 24 show. :)

Stacey said...

So glad you picked up on 24! Heath and I've been obsessed for a couple years now, but my interest is wavering. Yet, I know when the show starts, I'll get hooked again. :) Happy Trails to You!

Jill Manning said...

Okay Rachel, I am leaving you the same comment that i left on Beka's, I want to know how you did the blog heading. My sisters have a cute ones, you have a cute one, Stacey and now Beka...I need to know so that I stay in the cool crowd! It is super cute! I have one designed I just want to know how to post it! Help!

the Painters said...

Ty looks sooooooooooo cute in that picture.