I'm a week late on this one, but we didn't have a very eventful week so I thought I'd share more good times from last weekend.
We love, love, love teaching Sunday School! (It's my calling, but Trent comes with me every week because he likes them too!) We get to spend time with the16-18 year olds from our ward and from the Liahona ward. Every few months we try to have an activity outside of class just to build relationships and to have fun. Our last get together was called "Waffles and Wisdom". We fed the kids waffles if they'd come watch the Saturday morning session of conference with us. That one was popular, probably because they knew we wouldn't scold them for dozing off at our house.
We didn't want to blatantly celebrate Superbowl Sunday last week, so we had a Super Neighbor Sunday (or pre-game) barbecue at our house. The TV stayed off the entire afternoon. Promise. Our Sunday School peeps and some of our favorite neighbors came over for some of Trent's fine grilling and we played Cranium, told stories, and listened to some of our kids who just returned from China tell stories about their adventures. It was a fantastic Sunday afternoon. All we needed was a larger living room and a few more couches. By the time the kids left and we made our way to my sisters "Superbowl Fireside", I was partied out and fell asleep on the couch and missed the entire game.
Here are a few random pictures from our get together. I couldn't resist posting a picture of the twins, Landon and Braden. Their mommy, my good friend and neighbor, was brave enough to bring them along to the party last week.





No comments:
Post a Comment