
Today was my first baby shower with my Mesa High colleagues. Working there for 7 1/2 years has really paid off. I thought they spoiled me when I got married, but they seem to be even more excited about Ty. I wish I had more pictures, but my friend used her camera instead of mine, so I'll just give you a summary of my fun afternoon.

As a spoof on Ty's name, everyone in attendance wore a tie. The house was decorated with ties hanging on the banister, tables and chandelier. The cake had a giant bow tie on it as well. It was very clever and cute! One of my colleagues husbands was in a tux (and bow tie) and served us our drinks and food on a silver platter throughout the afternoon. It was so much fun! Even though it was a relatively small crowd, I walked away a spoiled mommy.
This is one of my favorite surprises, a jogger. Now I can train for
London's Run next year with Ty! The girls I coached pom&cheer with chipped in to give me this treat. I also scored a glider rocker for Ty's room. You know, I scanned some things into my registry never really expecting to get them...
7 comments:
SCORE!!! That is so much fun...showers arent really a big deal in England so Im mega gutted it wont be happening for this little guy!! Love the jogger too what a fab gift!
What a cute theme with the tie's, you sure did score some cute stuff! We do need to get together more often!
Holy crude, Rach, that's awesome. How fun, can't wait to add to those great gifts.
we're going to need a lot more "fat pictures" of you in this last month before you have this baby and go right back to skinny. Some of us don't get to see you in person and one or two photos doesn't cut it!
Awesome!! I love dreaming about my babies with the gifts received at baby showers. You are going to love that play mat, both of our girls did! And the jogging stroller is so nice to have! We have a double and I love it...fresh air, work-out, and the kids get to go to the park! I can't believe TY is going to be here so soon!
Rach, I tried to comment before and don't know if it worked. SO..... Congrats on the baby boy that's coming so soon. Now that I FINALLY got my boy, I can see why people say "momma's boy!" There is a different feeling with Vance, I love it. (girls are also great) Oh, saw your name on lindsey's blog. I'll check back to see your baby.
Post a Comment