Trent and I celebrate Valentine's Day every year on February 13th because that is the day we met! Last night he took me to Monti's La Casa Vieja in Tempe for a delicious steak dinner.
For those of you who don't already know, Trent always teases me about being his "back up" date. We met on the 13th and he already had a date lined up for Valentine's day. However, he text messaged me throughout his entire date and came to my house the minute he dropped her off. She may have been the "original" date, but we didn't go a single day without talking to each other from that weekend on.
Even though Trent will be totally embarrassed, here are the reasons why he is my Valentine:
1. He makes me laugh. Every single day.
2. He opens doors for me and holds my hand everywhere we go. (Although he uses the chapstick first, before handing it over to me. Minor infraction.)
3. He makes me feel beautiful, inside and out.
4. He is never pretentious or superficial. Ever.
5. He is good to other people and honors his commitments.
6. He takes me to the temple every month.
7. As my students would say, he's my baby's daddy. (And pretty excited about the upcoming tax write off.)
8. He works hard at being a good student because he wants to be a respected professional.
9. He does this dance move called the "Harlem Shake" that makes my day.
10. He loves me even when I'm not so loveable. Thank goodness.
Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!





9 comments:
What a SWEETHEART! Isn't it great to have a lover for Valentine's Day?!!
Love it! So Nathan and I decided to do 100 lists for each other and exchange them on Valentine's Day. It was seriously so fun to read 100 reasons why you are loved. Best Valentine's gift ever!
Loved this blog Rach. I love looking back at how I met Johnny. We texted FOREVER even before we actually went on a date. One day while Johnny was in class at ASU he went through his phone and wrote down all our text messages. We still have them and I love looking at them.
It also looks like Trent is cutting your meat for you, that's another reason why you should love him! :)
Hate to break it to ya, Rach, but I think there's two babies in there! he he he I can say that because I'm too far away to smack. You guys both look great. (we're gonna need to see the harlem shake on video, please.)
Yes I wanna see the Harlem Shake too. Let me guess, it has something to do with shakin' yo "you-know-what". I loved this post. Im sos happy for you and your up and coming new addition! Can't wait to see the little one.
Two babies? That would make me feel better. In the last two weeks, the comments at work have changed from "you're so cute" to "you're so big". I'll smack you next time I see you! :)
What a sweetie you have! I'm so happy that you are married, and in love. Many are not so fortunate!! I can think of lots of reasons he probably loves you, like "you are his baby's momma."
Hey lady it's cami wright! i was just looking through other people's blog's and came up to yours. this is such a great way to stay in touch! i am glad to hear you are doing so well. keep in touch!
Post a Comment