Wednesday, May 23, 2012

February...I remembered!

Whilst clearing some memory on my cell phone, I ran upon these photos and remembered what we did in February! On a whim, we took the kids to the Ostrich Festival.  We went Friday afternoon right when they were opening and it was perfect - not too crowded and lovely weather!  The kids enjoyed a few rides and loved the seeing the animals.  We missed the actual ostrich race, but watched the "dock dogs", the dogs that long jump into a pool of water.  It was a fun and much needed family outing.


Ty loved dressing up as a cowboy for preschool.  He had chaps and all on, I just didn't get a full body picture.  They spent most of February celebrating Arizona's 100th birthday and the cowboy unit was by far Ty's favorite.  He now has an imaginary horse named Studio that he plays with once in a while.

On Presiden'ts day, Ty had the tube in his right ear removed.  We kept putting this outpatient surgery off, hoping it would fall out on its own, but it was wedged in pretty tight.  He was a tough cookie going into the surgery but had a rough day as soon as it was over.  Even though it was nothing life threatening, I still get nervous when I have to be separated from my child.  I'm so glad he had the tubes, they helped him stay healthy and improved his hearing - but I'm so glad we're done with them now!


1 comment:

d.jo said...

It's like, "Oh, yeah, and we did something totally awesome." It's probably hard to remember all your fun memories since you're such dynamite parents who do so many fun things with your kids. The Ostrich festival is STILL on my list to try out someday. : )