When it came time to sing, I realized I didn't have any candles in the house excpet for a number 3 candle from Brooke's last birthday. Obviously by the look on his face, he was not concerned with candles. I love this picture. What a ham!
He loved his gifts from everyone and loved the attention even more.
These cupcakes were divine! Chocolate with peanut butter frosting. My friend Christie made them and has recently started her own business called Sweet Frost Bake Shop. Yummers.
On Ty's actual birthday we celebrated with just our family. He got a football from Brooke and the Optimus Prime Truck Transformer he has been asking for at every holiday for the last two years.
The Saturday after his birthday Ty had a small Transformers party with a few cousins and four of his buddies. Trent rented a bounce house from a budding entrepreneur in our ward and it was perfect for entertaining active little boys.
I love this kid. He is super observant and takes things pretty literally. We have to explain idioms, exaggerations, and just about anything that is not black and white. He is very concerned about going to heaven and recently after reading about Amalickiah in the scriptures, he was having a rough day and said (with a distraught look on his face), "Mom...I'm making bad choices like Amalickiah. I'm not going to heaven." I had to explain that he was a good boy just having a hard day. I love how teachable he is and we are trying our best to teach him correct principles that will help him be happy later in life. He is constantly making us laugh from being silly or just from his perspective on life.
We also found a Transformers pinata to end the party with. It doesn't get much better than this when you are 5!
Ty's hero is his dad. He lives for Friday nights "Boy's night" when he gets to play the Wii with dad. He will eat his vegetables willingly most nights because he wants to be as big as his dad. He also tells us that when he's bigger, he's going to go on a mission...with his dad. If Trent has to run errands for church or run to the hardware store, he'll invite Ty to go on a secret mission with him. I love their interactions together.
Look at this cute family. How lucky am I?


















2 comments:
awww- reading this post made me happy:)
what a cute boy- love the Amalickiah story:) -dont you love this age when they actually remember things from the scriptures:)?
happy birthday Ty!!!
Yes, and he got upset when I spent the night to babysit that we were not reading scripture. He even showed me the page where his dad left off. So we read for a few paragraphs and he said that was enough. Way to go that he loves the scripture.
Post a Comment