Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Family Pictures

I have this friend. She's a really good friend, and she also happens to be a photographer.  After I had Brody I knew we needed to update our family pictures, so I called my friend Elena.  I scheduled and then canceled multiple sessions.  I was being vain and didn't want to be photographed until I shed every last ounce of baby weight.  By spring, she told me how it is... she told me it doesn't matter if I don't look ideal to me - it matters that my kids have pictures of our family.  It matters that we love each other and catch a glimpse of that love in a photograph.  It matters that Brody is now a part of our family.  So I took a deep breath and got over myself.  These beauties were taken in April, and I can't wait to take more this fall when hopefully I'll look a little more like myself.  But really, look at this family.  Look at the sweet smiles, the sass, the laughter, the joy.  I sure am lucky they are mine!


Loving the yellow shoes.
This sass is the norm, not the exception. 


This is my Ty, always finding something to be cheerful about.

Brody at 6 months old.

5 comments:

mad white woman said...

You're beautiful Rachel and you have a beautiful family. You'll be so glad you took advantage of this opportunity to capture this point in your life.

Beka said...

where were these taken? i love them all! i wanna squeeze that cute little roly poly Brody:) too cute!!

Val and Wendy Shumway said...

Cute pictures!! And you look great by the way :) Miss you!

Luana Anderson said...

Love everyone of them, hope to get some copies for myself for my shelf in the living room

d.jo said...

You guys all look awesome! Your kids are darling, too. These days are the best days, it's important to remember them. : )