Wednesday, May 04, 2011

The Big Switch

Today is Trent's last day working at Page Family Practice. We are so grateful for the great experience he has had working there. Monday he starts a new chapter in his career at Complete Care Medicine. We're hoping he is able to build his clientele back up fairly quickly. Most of his patients at the previous office live in Tempe and Phoenix and they probably won't be following him. We're also hoping the foot traffic we get from friends and neighbors at our house will transition to his new office now that he's practically working in our neighborhood. (We've had to learn to set boundaries with friends and sometimes it gets awkward when people ask repeatedly for house calls and treatments to avoid copays and the inconvenience of going to the office. Hello! This is his livelihood! Sigh. That's another story for another day.)

I'm super excited about the 5-10 minute commute, no Saturdays, and for now, no evening hours. We love this office - I've been taking the kids to Dr. Herrera for years now, even when we lived in West Mesa. So to all of my 3-5 readers, if you're looking for a new family practice/pediatric office, give Complete Care Medicine a try!

If I was a better salesman I'd offer to throw in a set of steak knives.

5 comments:

Nancy Pitney said...

If it weren't so far away, I'd totally consider it! :) Oh, and speaking of free treatments: Bridgett has a really good excuse because she doesn't have scrip pads (the Mayo does it all by computer). Maybe Trent should use that line. :) I'm glad you are setting boundaries though. It seriously bugs me that people do that. I could see if you didn't have insurance or something, but to avoid a $20 copay? Come on! Best wishes on his new job!

Beka said...

thats exciting Rachel- i'm happy for you guys:)

d.jo said...

LOL! I'll take the steak knives! You know my address. : ) J/K

Summer said...

First off, I would NEVER ask Trent to treat my child just to save us a trip to the dr or avoid to have to pay out of pocket (I reserve that pleasure for my brother-in-law..it should only happen if you are family!) However, I can understand the temptation, especially if the doctor's visit is for something minor like an ear infection. You know they have it, all you need is the antibiotics to be called into the pharmacy. It costs us around $100-$150 just to see the doctor w/our insurance. So to have to pay that just to some minor medication like antibiotics..I can understand why people are tempted to buddy up to you guys to avoid fees. Do I agree with it? No way!! It's the same with Trevor being an attorney. It's hard for others to understand the issue. But congrats to Trent on his new job!! I'm sure we'll run into him during our yearly well check appointments that our insurance pays for..otherwise, we avoid the doctor as much as possible!

Rachel said...

Totally see your point of view Summer. Trent is more than willing to help people out now and then - it's just problematic when it becomes the norm or even expected. Most of our friends are very selective about when they call him (or me) and I relaly appreciate that. But I have tried to pay more attention to how I treat others who provide a service and make sure I don't take advantage of them. I'd never expect a free haircut or free tax preparation, etc...