This time last year I was panicking. Ty had only been in his preschool program for 8 weeks, just long enough to get used to it, when the school year ended and we had to change his routine again. At the time we had NO therapists, NO state services, and NO outside resources for help. It was a long, hard summer.
This year will be different.
First of all, Ty has grown leaps and bounds this year. He can regulate his emotions much better, speak more clearly, and is much easier to reason with. This summer we are overflowing with therapists, resources and programs. I am really excited about this summer! (Except for being hugely pregnant during the worst of the heatwaves.)
Yesterday Ty finished his first full year of integrated preschool. Brooke and I went to his class party and when we were ready to go he asked if he could please ride the bus home. That is how much he loves his bus drivers, his teachers, and school in general. I had to run back to his classroom today to pick up a forgotten hat. His teacher, who we adore, informed me that she will not be returning next year. I almost cried. I know we will love whoever he is placed with next year, but my selfish heart aches that he will not get to finish his preschool program with Miss Alicia.
Here are a few pictures she sent us last week:
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Love the victory dance! I read the past few posts! You are so amazing. Just wanted to tell you that. I love the no pokes and no haircuts. Kids are just too cute. :)
He looks so happy with his teacher, I'd be sad to have her go too. It's wonderful that he has grown so much this year, and that you feel so much help and support with Ty.
Post a Comment