The case of the missing princess
Brooke loves playing with her princesses. I often hear her singing to them, scolding them, and all the other things a mother figure would do. Ty's Superman and Spiderman action figures are often invited to their dance parties. At the last gala, Superman was seen slow dancing with Cinderella for most of the party. When Cinderella went missing later that evening, Brooke was wide eyed with panic. I told her that the last time I saw "Rella" she was dancing with Superman, and maybe if she found Superman she would also find her missing princess. She found Superman fairly quickly and immediately started interrogating him. With furrowed brows and using her fiercest voice, she kept demanding to know, "Where's Rella, Spupermam!"
He is still the prime suspect in our missing princess case.(She did not want to be photographed with him at this time.)
Taking charge of his own healthcare
Ty had to visit the ENT again last week. One of his tubes fell out while the other is lingering and causing some earaches. The doctor will probably have to remove it surgically at the end of summer. The entire ride to the appointment I tried to prep Ty for the visit. He is not fond of doctors - I wouldn't be either if I saw as many as he sees. His main concern was being poked, but I promised him there would be no needles at this appointment. I told him he could tell the doctor himself that he didn't want to be poked today. Armed with this power, he was a very willing patient.
When we entered the exam room, Ty saw that one of the chairs looked like one you'd see in a barber shop. Haircuts are another sore spot with Ty. He swiftly turned and told the MA, "No poking today and no haircuts today." When the doctor came in a few moments later, he repeated his declaration. "No poking today and no haircuts today." The doctor quickly concurred that neither would be necessary at this time and the entire appointment, though nearly 2 hours long, went the smoothest I have ever experienced.
I'm losing my mind
In other news, I'm losing my mind. I keep forgetting things, causing minor catastrophes (such as the one pictured below) and waiting until the last minute to get things done (because of forgetfulness). Thank goodness falling objects make loud noises that indicate a problem, burning smells help extinguish potential fires, and people send reminder emails about events that are worth remembering. One day my brain will work at capacity again, right?
Ty had to visit the ENT again last week. One of his tubes fell out while the other is lingering and causing some earaches. The doctor will probably have to remove it surgically at the end of summer. The entire ride to the appointment I tried to prep Ty for the visit. He is not fond of doctors - I wouldn't be either if I saw as many as he sees. His main concern was being poked, but I promised him there would be no needles at this appointment. I told him he could tell the doctor himself that he didn't want to be poked today. Armed with this power, he was a very willing patient.
When we entered the exam room, Ty saw that one of the chairs looked like one you'd see in a barber shop. Haircuts are another sore spot with Ty. He swiftly turned and told the MA, "No poking today and no haircuts today." When the doctor came in a few moments later, he repeated his declaration. "No poking today and no haircuts today." The doctor quickly concurred that neither would be necessary at this time and the entire appointment, though nearly 2 hours long, went the smoothest I have ever experienced.
I'm losing my mind
In other news, I'm losing my mind. I keep forgetting things, causing minor catastrophes (such as the one pictured below) and waiting until the last minute to get things done (because of forgetfulness). Thank goodness falling objects make loud noises that indicate a problem, burning smells help extinguish potential fires, and people send reminder emails about events that are worth remembering. One day my brain will work at capacity again, right?

And if you haven't looked at my previous post yet, you must admire my beautiful daughter and the handiwork of my good friend Elena.






3 comments:
Cute stories of your kids. I love how Ty took control of his situation and felt secure because of it. What a smart idea Mom!
And all the rest is pregnancy brain...I hate how you feel like you can't concentrate like you used to when you're preggo!
I've had liquid laundry detergent fall and spill out everywhere too! NOT fun to clean up but would be a great funny home video for sure!
I am still trying to remember things. I think your brain capacity permanently diminishes with each kid!!! You have any free time this summer? Let's hang.
Post a Comment