I'm excited to see my doctor next week. I'm always a little nervous until that first appointment. I've had FOUR twin dreams in the last few weeks, though I'm sure it's just my hormones going crazy on me. Until I see one baby in that sonogram picture though, I'll remain a little apprehensive.
Yesterday Ty passed his second survival swim class. I wasn't expecting them to pass him until the end of the month so all I had was my cell phone to document his ribbon ceremony. He was so proud of himself. After passing all 3 subtests, he got to ring the big bell by the pool and they announced to everyone within earshot that he passed his class. He raised his fists up into the air like a true champion and kept exclaiming "touchdown" which is one of his favorite exclamatory phrases when he does something awesome.
I know some people are skeptical of swim schools, especially because they can be expensive, but Ty needs the constant/year round skill reinforcement that they provide. We are so thankful they have given him a special needs scholarship and that my parents have chipped in too so he can continue to swim every week. We tried parks and rec swimming last summer and it was just too overstimulating. Once he can safely navigate the waters on his own, maybe we'll try that avenue again.
Happy Spring Break!





5 comments:
Wha hoo for Ty!!!! It probably helps develop those big muscles that boys seem to have so many, too.
I think swim schools are great! Like you said, there's nothing like the year round reinforcement! (Paul Smith is trying to recruit me to teach at a swim school Mesa Aquatics is going to open up, but I told him he can't afford me! :)) Good luck with your ultrasound! For your sake I hope it's not twins!
Guido/Guida is a PERFECT name! : )
And I can't believe you're up to 4 DREAMS about twins. Last week you'd only had 3 dreams!!!!! Even I'm getting a little nervous for you, now! Haha! You may be having Guidola's!
And "touchdown" is a perfect way to celebrate. Ty is a smart kid! LOL
Twins huh:)? Now i'm anxious to hear what you are having too- i keep forgetting you are prego---means we need to hang out more i suppose!! Congrats to Ty- that swim school sounds so fun for him
If anyone can handle twins it's you!!!
Post a Comment