Friday, February 25, 2011

Survival of the Fittest

No pictures. Again.

Just a huge THANK YOU to my family and friends who have been keeping my family afloat while I try to get better from bronchitis. I think the medication I'm taking is the main culprit behind my inability to be useful in any way, shape or form. But in two days (when the pills run out) I'm hoping I rejoin the land of the living.

In the meantime, my children have had ample opportunity to learn conflict/resolution skills without my interference. Because if they are arguing more than 2 feet away from the couch that I'm laying on in fetal position, I'm just not getting involved.

Thank goodness kids are resilient and won't suffer permanent damage from cheese and cracker lunches. My children have tried new frozen foods that have never appeared on their plates before now. Fish sticks and the like. And that has been on a good day when I had the energy to preheat the oven.

Thank goodness for a fun grandpa who comes over every Wednesday to play with Brooke while I take Ty to therapy. This week I was so sick, he took Ty to therapy while Brooke and I napped on the couch.

Thank goodness for an amazing mother who has come over every other day to catch up on laundry, wipe the sticky surfaces up in the kitchen, and who will actually jump on the trampoline with my kids. She has been their salvation.

Thank goodness for a great sister in law who, despite having sick kids of her own, has brought us dinner TWICE in the last two weeks.

Thank goodness for a husband who comes home and executes the bedtime routine while I curl up in a ball on our bed.

Thank goodness this respiratory virus is on it's way out.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, I would totally make you dinner and take those monkeys if I didn't live 11 hours away! Good luck and hope you get better fast.

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry. I hope you start feeling better soon!

d.jo said...

Hey, Rachel! Thank goodness for your fantastic family! I'm sorry you're so sick.

Let me help you! I will work to offer my help more often, but honestly, if ever you're stuck and I haven't texted you to offer, PLEASE give me a shout!