Ty started taking swimming lessons at Swim Kids in March and has been working with Miss Rachel on his survival skills in the water. I never thought I'd fork over the money for semi-private lessons, but it has been so therapeutic for him as well as providing him with the skills to swim on his own. I LOVE Swim Kids because their entire staff has had special needs training and everyone we've worked with has been wonderful with Ty. On Tuesday, he met all the criteria for the beginning survival class and was given a gold medal for his accomplishments! They have a very distinguished platform for the kids to stand on when they receive their award and they even play an anthem in the background while announcing the achievement to everyone within ears reach. But true to Ty's style, he didn't really want to stand still while people clapped and cheered for him. This is the best shot I could get of him after receiving his award.

No time for pictures or autographs.

Swimming with Miss Rachel

When Ty passed his test in the water and the deck manager (Chris?) approved it, Ty got to jump out of the pool and ring the bell to alert the press that he graduated from his class.
I love, love, love the swim lessons and tumbling classes at Swim Kids. (Free publicity here - they should totally compensate me!)
More about Ty's evaluation at the Melmed Center coming soon. I'm just not up for writing about it yet. But thanks to the family and friends who have been so supportive. I love this kid!
3 comments:
So cool! Good job Ty!
I'm so glad he has been successful in the water. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing that! I'm interested in the update! Don't keep me waiting too long!
Ya, Ty!!!
Post a Comment