Since these were the only 2 candles in the house, it only made sense to celebrate my 21st birthday for the 11th time. Excuse the scary picture, it's hard to look cute in 115 degree weather.So it turns out that marrying Trent was sort of like winning the lottery. (I hope every wife feels this way about their husband.) This morning was just another example of how lucky I am. I heard his alarm go off early this morning and heard him shower and get ready as I drifted in and out of sleep. He kissed me goodbye as he placed the princess in bed next to me so I wouldn't have to get her out of her crib. A short half an hour later, I heard the door open and there he was with a bag of groceries to make my favorite breakfast. He took the whole day off work and did all the chores I usually do in the morning. We spent the day as a family running errands and playing together. Then in the afternoon he took me out on a date - bowling and Mexican food. Of course we ended our date in standard fashion with a trip to Walmart.
Trent made my cake from scratch (impressive) and I loved how his German Chocolate frosting turned out. Ty was excited to sing the birthday song (his favorite) and help me blow out the candles. Brooke was just excited to eat again.
Is it telling of my age that I was elated to get this as my birthday gift? Well, it's in the mail.
Coming soon: OR trip/Blake family reunion and Firehouse Field Trip





8 comments:
I love it all! So fun...I am glad you had a Happy Birthday! I thought about you all day!
I love the picture of you & Ty! What a fun birthday. You deserve to be spoiled today and every day. Love and hugs on your special day!!
What a fun day and a fabulous treat!!
21 is a good age. That's exactly what I got for my last birthday... :)
I'm so glad you had a good birthday! And scary?! Are you kidding?? I think the pic of you and Ty and your "21" cake is darling! Happy Birthday Rachel!
Ok, funny you....I was just thinking when looking at this pic how CUTE and PRETTY you are and there you are saying, "Excse this picture of me...." Get over it! You are GORGEOUS!
Hapy Birthday honey!
OK I wrote that before I read the whole post.
what a sweet hubs you got there! So he totally tried to trick you by acting like he called to work right? Ahhhh sneaky sneaky. What a sweetheart.
You deserve it!
Post a Comment