Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pioneer Day in Pima

Saturday we took a day trip to Safford to visit Grandpa Blake and celebrate Pioneer day in the Gila Valley. Those mormons sure know how to throw a party! It rained mid day making the evening weather really pleasant. I love going to see fireworks in a place where you can lay right underneath them.
Running free. Quite literally.
We parked ourselves near the play area so we could relax and let him play freely.

Watching the parade.

Dirty feet.

Dirty knees.

Crawling like Mowgli to avoid contact with the itchy grass.

Trent's nieces and nephews.
(Elsie, Wesley, Sarah, Zander & Hannah)

I heart our picnic quilt. And those who lay upon it.

Grandpa Blake and Brookie.

Hannah spent the weekend with us in Mesa. We ate her favorite meals, painted nails, went shopping, played the Wii, and watched movies. It was so much fun to have her. I could really use a permanent 6 year old at my house.


I love small town celebrations. It almost makes me want to move there to raise my children. Almost.

4 comments:

or mom said...

Love the pictures! Looks like everyone had a good time especially Ty...running free! I heart your quilt, too. What nice memories it will have thru the years.

autumn said...

it looks like you had so much fun! ty is so BIG!! and the picture of brooke crawling is oh-so-adorable :)

Laurie Smith said...

Sorry we missed you guys. And we didn't even like Harry Potter :( Please try us again next time you're in Safford!

mad white woman said...

Small town celebrations are pretty cool because everyone gets so into it.