Ms. B is on the move these days. She surprised us early last week by darting across the floor (perhaps darting isn't the most accurate word)... she meandered across the living room floor to get to a toy she was coveting. Since then she has been selective about her movement, careful not to expend too many calories lest she wither away. She only makes a go of it if she really wants something. Usually food. To replenish the burned calories. Or shoes. She currently has a shoe fetish. Not wearing them, but chewing on them.
I digress.
Learning a new skill that requires coordination often leaves its mark. I myself am reminiscent of a certain snowboarding expedition that remains my first and last attempt at the sport. Ms. B was pouting in her crib and decided to use her new skill to bulldoze the side board with her head and break free of her wooden prison. The scream made me cringe - it was a distinctly different cry than the usual whimper than accompanies her sulking. Since this collision she has had several other mishaps due to her inability to synchronize her limbs.
Crawling is a dangerous sport to newcomers. Pair that with her 4th double ear infection and a pity party was definitely in order. Two invitations were extended: one to Brooke, and one to me. I accepted.
Did I mention she's also teething?
Sleep is a rare commodity for both of us so when she dozed off in her high chair mid peas, I didn't bother moving her. The welt was much worse the day before this picture.

Meanwhile Ty is waiting patiently for the drama to dissipate.

And tomorrow we're off to the Landon family reunion at Bear Lake. 16+ hours of driving with two little ones in a crowded car for a 2 day affair. Yep, we're crazy. But I've got an uncle that designs software for super duper cool people like NASA; and another uncle who blows things up for a living; more uncles that are very cool and two aunts who make the best food ever; a grandpa overflowing with war stories and a grandma who always smells good and gives the best hugs. College aged cousins who are bound to have some good gab that will allow me to live vicariously through them. The company is compelling. I couldn't very well pass that up now could I?
6 comments:
loving that post . . . loving it.
Oh poor Brooke! She is darling, even with a little bruised up face.
poor sweet little brooke- cant wait to see her on the move! have fun on your trip and you better call me next week for sure:)!!
that IS some good company. Poor Brooke...just picturing it makes me sad...and smile. It's like your own version of infant "wipeout!" :) She'll get the hang of it.
Poor little cheeky! She's still cute though.
Have a fun vacation, sounds like it will be well worth the car ride.
I was "blog hopping" and I found YOU! Your kids are absolutely ADORABLE!! We have got to get together soon! Now I'm gonna go read a bunch of your old posts and see what you've been up to :]
Post a Comment