Last week I celebrated my 31st birthday. And I really do mean celebrate. As much as I don't like the idea that I'm inching away from the fountain of youth every year, I really feel like I am in my prime. Adolescence was awkward for me, high school was barely tolerable (though I had many dear friends that have lasted through the years) and I finally seemed to blossom in college. Life has only gotten better through the years and though marriage and motherhood keep taking me down unpredictable paths, I have never felt more comfortable in my own skin. Thank goodness for that.
Loving all the friends and family who have endured and embraced my evolution.
Loving the lessons I've learned along the way.
Loving the journey.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
Happy bday! I always have to remind myself how old I am. I feel like my age stopped when I got married. I guess, that's when I stopped caring about my age at least. :P
Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear you are growing into your skin--I always thought it would have been good skin to be in! :-)
Yea! Happy Day! Yeah...took me until about, um...27 or 28 to feel like I could like myself...we're SO alike in some ways...
Happy Birthday! Every night as I'm in bed eating treats and staying up way past my bedtime I think, being the mom is as cool as I thought it would be. :)
I couldn't agree more. LOVE the 30's! Happy for you.
Post a Comment