
The strangest thing happened last night! At 2:30 in the morning, my cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, so I turned off the ringer. Within minutes, I received a text message from the same number asking, "Is this Rachel, or do you know her?". Now I was awake and curious. I asked who wanted to know. The reply asked if I remembered going to an Italian place called Floridino's for dinner about three years ago with a friend. I remembered instantly. My old roommate Sadie and I went there one Friday night when we had nothing better to do. We were in a mood that night, silly and giggling. When our waiter turned out to be handsome, it just provoked more giggles and lots of flirting. Sadie and I ended up writing him a little story, on one of our napkins. It was called "the Italian Cafe" and authored by "the Giggling Girls". I left my name and number at the very bottom. He reminded me of the details via text message last night, though I vividly remember the whole evening. Needless to say, I had to inform my waiter that both Sadie and I had married within the last three years. Unfortunately for him, three years was a little longer than I was willing to wait. After that I laid in bed counting the few times I had been bold (or foolish) enough to leave my name on a napkin. Only three times that I recall. Wow. Either that was really cute, or more likely, a really desperate move last night. Poor guy.





2 comments:
Oh man that's funny. I feel like my phone number had been written on many napkins too, no thanks to my friends. You never know, maybe I'll get a phone call one day too. That's great.
I seriously can't believe he still had your number, nonetheless remembered the details of the evening!
Post a Comment