After just a few days of craziness, we are settling into our new fall routine. I'll enjoy a little consistency for the next 7 weeks until my sweet little newborn will undoubtedly throw it off. I'm still not a fan of preschool smack dab in the middle of the day, but with a few minor miracles we have orchestrated Ty's therapies around it and things are starting to run like clock work. Ty is getting about 12 hours of therapy a week - some at home, some in the clinic; in addition to 10 hours of preschool (14 if you count the bus ride). Yep, my 4 year old has solid commitments for 26 hours in a typical week. This is why I gave up all of my part time jobs for the time being. The beauty of this crazy schedule is that it works. He is thriving!
Brooke puts on her shoes and her mini backpack to wait for the bus with Ty every day. She cries every time it pulls up and I don't allow her to climb the stairs and find a seat. I told her she could go to preschool with her best friends from church if she would learn to use the potty. She doesn't care that much after all.
"What you said?"
While giving Ty instructions about what is and is not allowed while playing outside, Ty appeared to be listening intently and nodding - but his mind was obviously elsewhere when he asked politely, "Wait, what you said mom?" This has happened a few times now.
"My fwends"
Brooke likes getting the mail with me lately because she always thinks there is something for her. Every time we get a coupon from Kohl's, JCP, or the like with a group of kids, teenagers or even adults pictured on it, she matter of factly announces, "These my fwends mom." I'm not surprised that she thinks she has a fan club, that girl oozes self confidence and stubborn independence.
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
She sounds like Lucy. No problem with self-esteem whatsoever!
Oh my gosh, she is so cute. I'll be her fwend. : )
Ty has a cute look on his face as he's thinking about other things while you're talking...it's kind of priceless.
Cute kids. Awesome family.
Love you guys.
Post a Comment