Wednesday, August 10, 2011

TBPSY3

Ty Blake Pre-School Year 3
Ty is a professional preschooler. He was more than ready to go back to school today and bummed that he didn't get to go first thing in the morning. I'm not a fan of afternoon preschool either, but the school strongly urged him to go to that session to be with the other preschoolers that are preparing for kindergarten. I succumbed. We are looking forward to a great year and I'm trying not to be too sad that his teacher from the last year and a half moved campuses. Her new school isn't much further away, and we considered driving him so he could stay with her. But instead I'm trying to focus on the good things that will come from having a new teacher.
My emotions from sending him off to school again were more prevalent last night than this morning. We ate a special dinner of his choice, picked out his clothes, and after his bath he received a father's blessing from his dad. He sat through the prayer very quietly and said thank you and gave Trent a big hug when it was over. It was a sweet experience.
Ty wanted me to take a picture of his new kicks because he was very excited about them. He has big and wide feet and we went to the store together to pick them out. The shoes he likes best are usually narrow so I had to direct him to the skater shoes section, which are generally made wider. He was pretty happy about finding these. I had picked out some plaid shorts to go with this outfit, but it turns out they were girl bermuda shorts. Apparently, pregnancy has taken over all of my faculties.

After a busy morning of eating a yummy, healthy breakfast, going to private speech therapy, then coming home for a snack; Ty and Brooke anxiously awaited for the bus. Brooke was a little sad that she couldn't climb aboard with Ty, but quickly recovered when she realized she finally has the house (and mom) to herself for a few hours a day again.

Can't wait to see how much he learns and grows this year!

4 comments:

or mom said...

First day of school was always a little teary... until they become teenagers! Ty looks so grown up and Brooke is such a little cutie. Sounds like you are in for another busy year especially with little Brody coming. I got the pix of his little face. Thanks for sending. Technology is just amazing.

KAT said...

He is getting so big! I did afternoon kindergarten with my oldest. It cut my day in half, but I was hoping that with nap time for my younger daughter I'd have a little time for myself.

The Arizona Blake Family said...

So cute! How did the first day go?

Nash said...

i LOVE his shoes. HEY, I'm gonna give this box of diapers to you for your baby. we just have to get together for lunch.