Monday, April 18, 2011

It's my birthday?

Oh I'm so behind. I just haven't had the itch to blog. Since this is the only attempt at journaling I make, I must repent and back track a bit.

The end of March we celebrated Ty's 4th birthday! This was the first year he understood the concept of birthdays and anxiously awaited the big day by asking/demanding "It's my birthday?" for two weeks leading up to the actual event. He did get two parties, though using the word party may be overstating it a bit. One evening was spent with the Anderson family, and his actual birthday was spent with the Blake's at Amazing Jakes. (Can't find the pictures from AJ's but will keep looking.) I originally thought I'd throw a super hero party for Ty and his buddies, but I think I'll wait until he starts asking for a party to indulge in such craziness.

Trent is such a fun dad. He took the day off (he had a few vacation days to use up before he switches jobs) and went with me to Ty's class to pass out cupcakes and juice. Brooke was elated that she got to sit at the table with the other big girls and boys.

The birthday boy just before the bus came.

Dreaming of his unopened gifts waiting at home.

Ty's class enjoying cupcakes, with orange frosting of course. (Thanks Grandma)

By the time we got home from 4 hours at Amazing Jakes (on a school night no less), Ty finally got to open his presents from mom and dad. Between his grandparents, cousins, and his dad, Ty has every Ironman toy a boy could ever want. And we don't need a single new toy until next Christmas. I'm exhausted just remembering the day.

At 4 years old, Ty loves the following:
  • robots
  • the color orange
  • super heroes
  • milk shakes (really they are smoothies, but he calls them milkshakes)
  • playing with friends
  • watching Scooby Doo
  • hanging out with his dad
  • tormenting his sister
  • reading with mom before bed

1 comment:

Beka said...

yea! happy birthday Ty!! looks like fun:)