In fact, the Easter bunny still hasn't delivered any baskets. With 8am church (and we had to be there at 7:40 this morning to meet with the bishopric), we weren't about to add any chaos to our morning. We are looking forward to a yummy linner with the Blakes and when our dinner party is over, the Easter Bunny will have stopped by with a small toy and a few filled eggs for the kids.
I love a holiday and love any reason to celebrate as much as the next person, but it has been so nice talking about the Savior with an extra dose of reverence this week as we tried to teach our children why we celebrate Easter. I am so thankful for a Savior who atoned for me and rose again that I might return to my heavenly home someday. I am grateful for the happiness in my life, which is a direct result of my relationship with my Redeemer.
This morning as we were singing the opening hymn, I handed Ty a hymn book and suggested he sing along. He opened his book and opened his mouth to contribute to the congregational hymn. Though he obviously wasn't singing the correct words, he sang with conviction and was truly trying to participate. It was very sweet to watch.
Ty got some new church clothes a few weeks ago and is loving his khaki suit that looks just like his dad's. He has also proudly been telling everyone about the hair cut his dad gave him. Brooke was excited to wear her pink dress that her friend "Wava" (Ava) gave her.
Yesterday I marveled at the new found ability my children are learning - the art of getting along. On multiple occasions they played together - peacefully and cooperatively - for more than a 20 minute stretch. They have always loved each other, but it's so nice that they are becoming friends too.
Friday night our neighborhood had a potluck dinner and an Easter egg hunt at the park. I love the families in our area and all the friends that my children have. We played and talked until the sun went down, and we were sad to have to say goodnight.
Ty was scouting out the orange eggs. Brooke didn't care what color they were as long as there was chocolate inside. Brooke had an iron grip on her basket when the hunt was over and tried to go down the slide and play on the play structures without letting it go. After promising that no one steal her loot, she finally let me hold the basket while she played.
A few weeks ago I heard a strange blasting noise outside while preparing breakfast. I opened up the back door and saw this - a hot air balloon landing on the golf course directly behind us. The kids loved it.Happy Easter! I hope this day has brought you a renewed sense of gratitude for our Lord and Savior, and a renewed feeling of hope for all the possibilities that his sacrifice allows.





2 comments:
What adorable children!! Love Brooke's hair. Does she like to have her hair fixed?
Aw man! I wish I would have known and I would have driven the kids over to see it! You guys were so lucky to see that hot air baloon. : )
Post a Comment