After passing around the stomach flu over the weekend, I was so excited to have a "normal" day today.
Ha! Enter Mr. Murphy.
1. The kids fight over a bowl of orange slices, bowl breaks cutting losing child's hand.
2. I go to my sister house to "help" her while her husband is away on business. One child accidentally steps on one of their baby chicks. Chick did not survive. Other child breaks something sentimental. At this point, said child is lucky to have survived me.
3. One child falls off trampoline, flat onto backside. Ouch.
4. Renters call and have locked themselves out of house. We like renters and speedily oblige to help them.
Yet somehow it was still a good day.
1. No one is throwing up anymore.
2. Kids saw/played with/terrorized cousins.
3. Trent truly did help my sister, kind of balancing out the not-so-helpfulness provided by myself and sweet children earlier in day.
4. House did not burn down, no one died, the sun will rise again tomorrow.
But please, Mr. Murphy, visit another family tomorrow.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
Ooh, that baby chick bit made me cringe!
OH man! I can't believe the craziness you went through! I'm glad no one is sick anymore...and hopefully no more chaos tomorrow!
Way to look at the good in your day. Love it. :) Sorry about the chickie.
haha- CRAZY!! arent you glad we have kids to make our lives exciting:)?
You.are.hilarious! Sorry, i couldn't help but chuckle as I read this post. Way to look on the bright side! That's why I love you!
Hahaha! You are so cute & funny!
My favorite is the #4 reason that your day was good--that the house didn't burn, no one died, and something else. You crack me up.
On my bad days, Mitch says to me, "You DID do something--the children are still alive and fed. It's great!"
No one died..except baby chick!! Poultry needs to stear clear of the Blake family (including pets)..or else!!
Post a Comment