Trent was recently approached with a job offer. I didn't think much of it. He turned down a job offer just a few months ago; an offer that seemed really, really promising. But he just didn't feel right about it. This offer wasn't quite as glamorous as the first so I didn't think he'd even consider it. But he did. And he took it. And I'm so excited.
Instead of driving 30 minutes to work, he'll drive 10 minutes.
Instead of working late shifts and Saturdays, he'll work bankers hours. That means he'll be home for dinner every night. I'm still in shock.
Instead of feeling like a single mom for half of the week, I'll get to tag team with him. Every. Night. (Ok, maybe not every night, he still has church responsibilities.)
His current employer has been wonderful to our family and has taught Trent a lot as a new practitioner. We will all miss the wonderful people from his office. Especially Uncle Jerry, who takes the kids off my hands nearly every time we go to the office.
We are excited for the impending change (it's still a few months away) and the slower pace that Trent will be able to enjoy. Who am I kidding? Life around this house isn't slow paced, but we're excited to see him just a little bit more!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Yah! for Trent! What cute princesses you have at your house.
That's so awesome Rachel!
More husband and Daddy time is always more glamorous in the long run than then money anyway. I'm so glad that you'll have more time with him! I can't wait for that myself. Only 1.5 years until the end of residency! :)
I'm so excited for you!!
I'm so happy for you. I think it will seriously change your life to have him home more & I think you'll like it! (Beware--like anything, there's always an adjustment period...you might have to learn how to live with each other again (J/K)...but it's worth it).
Change can be exciting..especially if he gets more time with you guys! Congrats!
Post a Comment