This picture is exactly how our new year has begun. We barely celebrated the new year before life hit us in the face at an even faster pace than before the holidays. Thankfully, many of the changes in our lives are blessing to our family.

Here are a few wonderful and random things that have taken place with us recently:
- On Monday morning, January 3rd, the state called to inform us that Ty's therapies have been reinstated! Best news of the year (so far)! He will restart speech therapy with his former therapist and is on a waiting list to restart with his former occupational therapist as well. OT's are in short supply in AZ so we'd rather wait for the one we love if we're going to be on a waiting list anyway. I'm excited for him, but bracing myself for all of the appointments and driving we have ahead of us.
- That same day, Swim Kids called us to offer Ty a scholarship to come back to swimming lessons for three months. Swimming has been his physical outlet and while he has come a long way, he still cannot swim independently. We were so excited to get a scholarship because private swimming lessons did not make the budget cuts in the Blake family planning meeting this year.
- Trent has been offered a job at another practice. This is the second offer he's received at random in the last few months. He didn't take the first one offered by an ortho surgeon and I'm still not sure he's ready to change offices, but it's nice to know he has a good reputation in the medical community. Hopefully when he does make a change it will be closer to home so he's not on the road so much.
- Ty is a sunbeam and Brooke has moved to the older nursery at church. Brooke made a smooth transition and seems to have relinquished her title as prizefighter. No reports of hitting so far. Ty would prefer to go back to nursery where the toys are abundant, but in a few more weeks I think he'll be just fine.
- Trent and I are trying to be gazelle intense about getting out of debt. Really, it's just those darn student loans hanging over our head that are driving us crazy. It will still take us some time, but we're trying to stick with Dave Ramsey and make some serious headway this year. Hopefully I'm still whistling this tune come summer time.
- Though I'm only working part time, between the two jobs I am juggling extra responsibilities 4 days a week now. I like my work and it makes me grateful for the time I spend with my family.
- I am excited about a New Year and a season of change. My only real resolution is to be true to who I am, a daughter of God. Sometimes I get caught up in a train of thought that is not productive. So even if I don't train for marathons, cook organically, produce perfect scoring SAT students or have perfectly behaved children, I will always remember that I am actively engaged in a good causes.

Heading out to a New Year's Day party at the Dowells.
5 comments:
What wonderful things that are happening! That is the way to start off the year..positive!! I may have told you but we love Dave Ramsey and we have made it through this recession because first of all, I have an incredibly hard working, humble husband who faithfully pays tithing, but also because we decided when we were first married to follow the prophet's counsel and "avoid debt like the plague". We knew we eventually wanted to be debt free. I know the Lord has blessed us because of these things and you will be blessed too! Just hang tough and be stingy!! Anything is possible through the Lord.:)
I'm so happy for all these doors opening for you! Especially since you've made it a goal to work hard on getting out of debt, and these other services are now free and available for your family.
We love Dave Ramsey too and can't wait to start paying off those loans in about 1.5 years...which will then take about another 3-4 years to pay off.
WOW! LOTS OF EXCITING NEWS- THATS GREAT FOR TY- SO TRENT DIDNT ACCEPT HIS OTHER JOB OFFER? HE'S STILL AT SAME PLACE? WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER:)
Rachel, I love your blog! I've just been catching up on it! You are awesome, so positive, and inspiring to me! Your family is darling and I'm so glad you're in our ward! We're working hard on our budget and savings this year too-share some of your tips with me! Happy New Year!!
We're working on being gazelle intense, too. We can encourage each other to "live like no one else" for a while & it's okay. Mitch is always asking me when I WANT things: "Is that a gazelle intense kind of purchase?" or "Is that living like no one else?" *sigh* I obviously need the reminders, so you can remind me & I'll remind you if we need to. : )
Post a Comment