Last week we were lucky enough to have Trent's younger sister and her family stay with us for nearly a week. We played a lot and managed to squeeze in Oreganos, bowling, Tangled, games, and the men went golfing. We also had a family dinner with a deep fried turkey, yummy food, and gingerbread houses for the kids to decorate.
Ty had a fun class party at school and Brooke and I were invited to attend. Ty had a difficult time managing the change in routine at school, not to mention all the extra moms and siblings in his class, so he didn't enjoy the party as much as I'd hoped. He did get to see Santa and play a few games before we decided to call it a day.
The Sunday before Christmas is always my favorite. Brooke was not in the mood to pose and show off her Christmas fashions, but Ty gladly (and with a cheesy grin) stood in front of the Kissmas Twee for Trent.

Trent has been covering shifts for his colleagues this month and we are grateful for the plentiful work. When he is home, we elbow each other for his attention...mom included. He is always so good to make time for the kids and for me. Sometimes I don't know how he accomplishes so much with so little sleep, but he is amazing.
My favorite part of Christmas is this...Christmas cards. I am thankful we were remembered by so many friends and I love showing my kids cards and pictures and telling them about our friends and family. It brings back lots of fun memories with people from our past and reminds me that having great friends is one of the greatest gifts in life.
We are looking forward to a weekend filled with Trent, Santa, and the spirit of Christ. Wishing you all the same feelings of peace, love, and happiness as this year wraps up and a new one begins!





3 comments:
What a handsome young man! I keep thinking he is 5 - looks so grown up for a 3 almost 4 year old. Brooke is too busy to pose! Cute pixs w/ daddy.
The month has flown by! I'm jealous you get so many cards. I was being a little bah humbug about it this year because it seems like I send so many out and get like 10 back! (but yours was one of the first I got!) I really do love seeing my friends and hearing about how they are doing, but I understand not everyone else feels the same way! Oh well! Merry Christmas!
I love that 6 of your friends used the same Christmas card. :)
Love you guys. Miss you.
Post a Comment