Monday, February 22, 2010

My Day in a Nutshell

Brooke woke up even more sickly and lethargic than yesterday - I insisted the ENT squeeze us in this morning. She puked on the way to the appointment - delightful smell still lingers in car.

ENT reported a double ear infection. Her 6th. Tubes were recommended. Consequently threw myself a 2.5 second pity party at the thought of coughing up a couple grand for another surgery.

Called title company to see when we could sign papers on our house. They reported a computer malfunction and could not open the docs the bank had sent them. Awesome.

Went to Trent's office to pick up Ty who had fallen asleep in the car. Brooke got a shot of something good to jump start her recovery. Meanwhile I transferred bubba to my car and drove around doing as many drive through errands as I could to let the beast sleep longer.

Called title company again to schedule signing. Another glitch in their system. Really?

Sat in the car outside the condo so both sick kids could keep sleeping. Both snored at remarkable volumes due to their colds. Enjoyed sitting in the semi-silence (tuned out the snoring), watching the rain for 20 minutes.

Eventually roused the children and brought them inside to watch Sleeping Beauty. Packed while they lost a few extra brain cells. Ran out of boxes.

Made Trent call the title company. No luck.

Gave up hope of signing today, snuggled next to Ty for the rest of the movie.

Title company finally called to see if we would like to sign tomorrow morning. I said no thank you, I'd like to sign right now. Took kids to grandma's house.

Went to bank to get a cashiers check for a lot of money. It was a fun number to look at in our bank account while it lasted.

Paid $100 extra to have a courier bring documents to Trent's office and signed on our new house! Best $100 I've spent this week.

Stopped by Target to get Brooke's million dollar prescription and to buy a thank you gift for Ms. Rebecca. Tomorrow is Ty's last day with her. :(

Picked up kids from grandma's house. Ty likes grandma best and threw a tantrum that he had to leave. Punched me in the left eye, followed by a kick while putting him in his car seat. I may have a shiner tomorrow. I still love him.

Put in another movie while I scrubbed violated car seat from earlier puking episode.

Waited impatiently for Trent to come home and take over parental duties.

Ran away to Home Depot for more boxes. They were closed.

Went to Walmart to buy snacks for our helpers during tomorrow and Wednesday's moving expedition. Ran into a friend who allowed me to lament for 20 minutes.

Treated myself to Yodipity. yummy. pricey.

Finishing my writing therapy right now so I can put this day behind me.

And if they don't give us the keys to our house tomorrow, so help me...

11 comments:

or mom said...

Wow! I would have lost it a long time ago. What a day! You need "calgon" to take you away. Lamenting with a good listening ear definitely helps. Hope tomorrow goes better.

Alison said...

What a good day for chocolate. I hate those days, but at the end, it's nice to look back at it and say, "Hey look at me, I'm Wonder Woman!"

LucyH said...

My kids love grandma too and throw big fits when they have to leave. You are quite the trooper! When my kids have thrown up in the car seat I take it completely apart and wash it in the machine then hose off the base. It feels good afterwards to have a brand spankin new seat!

Not everyone is into the natural stuff, but if you are interested I have heard that garlic oil is very effective for ear infections. My mother in law treated all her kids with that and a herb called Lobelia. I also read a book on how to avoid getting tubes too if you want to check it out. Pretty interesting and might be worth trying? Good luck with your house!!! Very exciting!

Courtney said...

I hate those days too...sick kids are never fun, but when other drama is added on top it really stinks. We got a lot of boxes off of craigslist for free if you are still looking. Just an idea. Hope you get your keys today! That is a fun pick me up!

Jamie said...

I would have been crying half way into that day!!! You are a trooper!

mad white woman said...

I'm pretty sure it'd take a really big nutshell to encase that day. Wewsh!

Jamie said...

The punch to the eye would've been the end of my day. I really laughed out loud. I hope today goes better! When you are all settled in your new house I want to be invited over!
Oh and things will slow down. I promise. Love you.

Kari said...

Whoa Rach, what a day! So sorry little Brooke is sick. No fun. I hope she's improving now. You are an amazing woman to keep going. I think after the puking in the morning, I would have thrown in the towel and said "forget it, the rest of today is lazy/movie day!" You are awesome!

Nancy Pitney said...

It sounds like quite the ordeal! I'm so sorry all that happened in one day. I hope I don't have a post like that this week. Fingers crossed, our lender is really pushing to fund today, so we'll see. If not, for sure tomorrow. I hope your moving is going well! I'm really nervous about it. Don't know why. Can't wait to see the pics of your new house with your stuff in it!

Cara Fish said...

Rach - you are amazing...you lasted 23 1/2 more hours than I would have. :)

Ben said...

Hehe that a big Nutshell. Glad to hear your moving in.