10 minutes after we got home from afternoon errands today, I heard quiet whispers and movement outside my front door. I peeked through the peephole long enough to catch a glimpse of several 10 year old girls from church decorating my patio and front windows with hearts. (In our church, girls start going to Activity Days when they turn 8 and meet weekly to do fun projects, service, or learn a new skill every week until they turn 12 and start the Young Women's program.) These girls were some of my best singers in primary!
Here is some proof of their handiwork:
The hearts on sticks were written or drawn on by all the kids in our ward Primary. A few Sundays ago they were asked to write how they knew their Savior loved them on a heart. The Activity day leader collected their work at the end of sharing time. I had no idea I would be the lucky recipient of their sweet testimonies.
The bigger hearts had personal messages on them from the girls who heart attacked me. They were such kind thank you notes and tender goodbyes.
Here is one of my favorite messages. I will miss these kids so much. I found out last Sunday would be my last day with them when I got to church that morning and I had to hold back tears the entire time I sang with them. I am so grateful that I have been able to work with them - they have made me a better person.





5 comments:
What a wonderful way to end your stressful day! What sweet children. I'd say you definitely magnified your calling. YOU do have an AWESOME voice! I remember how enthralled Ezra and Hannah were when you sang that Christmas for us.
How cute!
How sweet of them! I have that calling now, and I'm loving it. Lots of fun and so rewarding :)
how cute! i cant believe its been almost a year in that calling!! i'm sure you were amazing as always!!
So my sister, who also goes by the name of Rachel, did that calling for over a year, was just released and wanted to scream and yell for joy. She wasn't real fond of it... Ha ha.
Post a Comment