Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Here Goes...


To all of our 6 viewers, we apologize for taking such an extended hiatus. Perhaps our lack of children makes us uninteresting. So to remedy our apparent distaste for spare time, leisure, and comfortable lifestyle, we've decided to embrace a life of servitude and put our marriage to the test. Ladies and gentlemen, we're pregnant!

Really, we are excited...and nervous! It's been a threatened pregnancy from the beginning and we're still not free and clear, but we're hoping for the best! Sorry I didn't spread the word sooner, but we've had reason to be cautious. We think Junior will be here in March! Trent is very proud that his "boys" can swim, and is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the 4 sons he thinks we are destined to have. (I just nod and smile!) It will be an adventure!

9 comments:

Courtney said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Welcome to the mommy's club, we are excited to have you! Can't wait to find out what you are having!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Freakin freak freak freak, the best news ever. I will call you tomorrow but for now Congrats. I love it.

The Parkers said...

Holy Cow! (not you, the announcement) I'm so very excited for you! We need pictures. I can not tell you how happy I am for both of you! (and Trent's swimmers)
-Al

the Painters said...

Congrats you two! Rachel, you will make a fantastic and fun mother

willreidsmith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
willreidsmith said...

well i'll be...i never thought i'd live to see the day when trent blake became pregnant. (those are my mom's words 'trent's pregnant', not mine. anyways, i'm real proud of both of you and rachel, you are a brave woman trusting the title of "father" to trent. i have a suggestion for you on a name. if a boy, no question, thornton. such a masculine name. that or sebastian. i know there's a guy on HGTV designer guys named sebastian and if he isn't the most sweetest man i ever say. and if it's a girl, well, how about pat or jamie or lindsay, devon, alex or tracy. all of the above are very sturdy woman names. i love me a sturdy woman...
congrats.

Jamie & Johnny said...

Okay, if you're going to have this blog I hope you'd update it every now and again. I'd love to see how things are going. Hope all is well. :)

Moonstone said...

I'm wishing for a girl for you Rachel, because the boys in our family are genetically inferior. Just kidding. Congrats you two. My your children bring you as many sleepless nights as mine have. (This is Andrea, btw, and stay away from my blog.)

Moonstone said...

...And may I get some sleep this weekend so my editing skills aren't so shoddy...