Brody Landon Blake
October 5, 2011
11:58am
7 lbs 14 oz
21 inches long
11:58am
7 lbs 14 oz
21 inches long
In case you haven't heard (nearly 3 weeks later), we recently welcomed our newest family member to his earthly home.
He is my smallest baby so far, but since I was induced a little early I wasn't too surprised. The night before I delivered, the hospital called to tell me my induction had been cancelled. It had been storming that evening and apparently the drop in barometric pressure sent several women into labor and the hospital was packed with women whose water had broken. I was so disappointed. The next morning the phone rang at 6:30 with a nurse telling me to hurry down to the hospital because a bed had opened up. By 7:30 we had checked in and they were starting the induction procedure. My nurse, Debi (who I thought was fabulous), told me I'd have a baby just in time for lunch. I laughed at her and told her that my previous 2 children came at 12 hours on the dot after the induction started. She raised her eyebrows and said, "well I won't be here in 12 hours so you can't take that long." Dr. B came to visit me around 9:30 and decided to break my water. Sure enough I felt labor pains going into full swing. It only took 2 real contractions for me to summon the anesthetist for my epidural. (I don't do pain.) Around 11:30 I called the nurse in to tell her I felt like pushing. She checked me and I saw her eyes light up. She asked me to try NOT to push just yet, she needed to call the doctor. The instant Dr. B was ready with his catching gear on, I was given permission to push. I delivered Brody after 2 big pushes at 11:58am... just in time for lunch.
This delivery was even easier than the last two, and I thought the others were pretty smooth. After one night in the hospital, I was ready to get back home for the rest of my recovery. The only thing worth sticking around for in the hospital was the cheesecake, and I'd already had a few pieces.Brody is a very mellow little guy. He squeaks when he is hungry and only fusses when he has a belly ache. He has lots of sweet dreams (I have proof coming in a future post) and often giggles in his sleep during the wee hours of the morning. Ty and Brooke adore him. Ty is very concerned about his safety and instantly busts out in Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star if Brody starts to cry. Brooke thinks he is very cute and has to be reminded he is not a doll. Both of the kids had runny noses and coughs when he was born so neither of them got to hold Brody for the first week he was home. They are happy to help with diaper changes and feedings in any way they can. I love the tenderness they have shown him so far.
I don't know if is just because he is my third, but I have had an easier time than I expected adjusting to having another child. Instead of hurrying to get back into the swing of life, I have thoroughly enjoyed slowing down, spending more time at home, and simplified routines. Brody is a sweet reminder of our heavenly home and has helped me re-prioritize a few things in our family.






7 comments:
he's so stinkin cute:) love that last pic of your cute family:)
Awww, makes me cry a little. So happy, congratulations. :)
Thanks for posting! I love to read the updates on everyone. Love the picture of all of you. I know three little ones are keeping you very busy. Some days you'll look back think two was a breeze! Can hardly wait to see you all!
This is such a sweet post. Brody is so cute! I can totally feel his little personality and sweetness from the photos. He's a special little guy!
You look really good in these pictures, too. Way to go, Rachel! So happy for you guys!
I'm happy to hear of your great labor! He looks so sweet. Hopefully he'll start sleeping some long stretches for you soon, so you can get some sleep.
Congrats Rach! He is so so so cute! My Bode weighed almost the exact same! So happy for you and your beautiful family! xoxo!!
Congratulations! I have been wondering about you and I'm glad everything went well. He is so precious!
Post a Comment