Sunday, September 18, 2011

The End is Near

Could I possibly get any larger? I think not. Yet today I am 37 weeks along. And this picture was taken a week ago for the sake of posterity. We are all getting very excited for our newest family member to join us! I have had such an interesting pregnancy this time, very unlike the other two. I started having contractions Labor Day weekend and they lasted for a week! They were somewhat sporadic but it made for a long week of putting my feet up and not being very productive. This week has been much better, with the exception of sleeping. There is just no getting comfortable any more. But I'm glad to not be restricted to the recliner.
In the last few weeks my nesting has kicked into high gear. I made 21 pints of raspberries into freezer jam and almost single handedly consumed the other 3 pints on my own. Last year we ran out of this jam way too soon so I doubled the usual amount to keep everyone satisfied (hopefully) until raspberry season rolls around again next year.


My mom came and helped me can my peaches. Now I'm just waiting on my pears and apples to replenish my dwindling supply. Yummy!


Once I started showing a few signs of preterm labor I decided to finish setting up shop for baby. Car seat is cleaned and ready, pack n play is up in our bedroom, clothes washed and hopefully we are stocked up on enough of the essentials to last us a while. My hospital bag is mostly packed as well. I'm pretty sure that all of this preparation simply means that he was just teasing and will not be making himself known any time ahead of schedule. So hopefully I still have this week to whip up some freezer meals, give the house a good cleaning and buy everything for our fall garden - which Trent will be planting by himself this year.


I love fall and all that comes with it - especially since this year it brings us a sweet new baby!

5 comments:

Beka said...

u look beautiful:)!! i'm amazed at all you do while prego...i'm never that motivated:)

jam looks yummy- way to go!!

The Regimballe Family said...

You look beautiful, Rachel! I am so impressed with all you've done! I wish you could share your "nesting" with me! I'm forcing myself to nest just to get some things done...must mean my baby isn't coming anytime soon! Hey, let's get our pedicures soon!

Jennie said...

way to go!! I love canned peaches and raspberry jam. I can't wait to see your baby!

Christie said...

Your adorable! I wish I was half that cute when I was in my 3rd trimester with Boston. Any names yet. Sorry had to wait on the approval from working, hopefully buying tickets this week.

or mom said...

Very impressive! That's a lot of work and everything is going to taste so much better this winter. You do look good. guess I had better get busy and get those blankets finished!