What a week.
My dear friend lost her father in a very tragic way and my heart has been mourning for her and her family. Our favorite twin babysitters also lost their father unexpectedly this week. It has reminded me again of the fragility of life. I am so thankful for the plan of happiness that binds our families together through the eternities.
I have also felt a little disheartened this week as Trent and I have tried to navigate through some challenging family business situations. Whatever the outcome, I am grateful for a spouse who is my equal and that our marriage can weather storms together. After a few years of being strong willed and stubborn (which I am still prone to) I feel like I have finally learned that life is better when we manage things together and as stressful as our day was today, I feel peace in knowing we are making our hardest decisions together as a unified team.
On the bright side, my children had a glorious, jam-packed week of fun. I nearly collapsed into bed every night because of the schedule we kept. I may have to cut back on a few things to save my sanity (and some gas money), but I am truly enjoying spending my days with my kids.
My last random train of thought tonight is another old friend, maybe acquaintance is a better word. A peer from my childhood recently asked me to be friends on facebook. I accepted, though I was slightly surprised since we were never very good friends. Earlier this evening she sent me a message asking for my forgiveness. She recalls that she was unkind to me when we were children and apologized for her poor behavior. Maybe it was the stress of the week, - of the day even, but I nearly burst into tears. Not because I have horrific memories of her being unkind; on the contrary, I really don't remember anything. Only because I could have copied and pasted the same message and forwarded it with all sincerity to people I think I have been unkind to in my past. I was moved by her thoughtfulness and replied with the request that she forgive herself because I certainly had no ill will towards her.
I am thankful for the wisdom and humility that comes with age and experience, thankful for the power of forgiveness - especially those who have forgiven me, and thankful for a hope that as each day goes by I will be a better person.
Saturday, June 04, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
What a thought provoking post. Really Good!
So sad about Jamie's Dad. I hope this week is looking better for you and your sweet fam!
That's sweet that your friend brought that up to you on a stressful day. I wonder sometimes how I might have offended someone over the years, but was too blind to see that I was hurting their feelings. Good for her for making it right. That's what this life is all about.
This was a wonderful post!!
Post a Comment